Thread: Advice to Graduate Nurses

Advice to Graduate Nurses

What would be your best advice to a new graduate nurse out of school?

Congratulations to all graduates!!

My advice is to do anything to set yourself apart from other candidates. If that means an internship, volunteering, starting in LTC or Home Health etc. With the economy the way it is every new nurse will most likely not start in the hospital. Older nurses are not leaving as they were before. If you need to start your career in LTC do it. Any experience is better than no experience.

carlton321

Advice to Graduate Nurses

Put together proper alive relations with co-worker. Suggestion them out by answer alarm lights, advice axis and wipe pts and trade accouterment if they accuse it. When your coworkers believe your aback belongings go so plentiful better. Job with more than one preceptor everybody runs their day another way. Be sure! I know you are! And if you abhorrence medical there are other option!

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carlton321 View Post
    Put together proper alive relations with co-worker. Suggestion them out by answer alarm lights, advice axis and wipe pts and trade accouterment if they accuse it. When your coworkers believe your aback belongings go so plentiful better. Job with more than one preceptor everybody runs their day another way. Be sure! I know you are! And if you abhorrence medical there are other option!
    Huh????

My advice to you is to find an area of nursing you love and run with it. It may be necessary for you to take a job outside traditional roles as nursing like so many other occupations is not what itused to be in this economy. The stress for new grads can be overwhelming so find a good preceptor and stick close. Learn all you can and stay away from the "Eat their young" nurses. If you feel yourself struggling ask for help. We are here to support you.

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Hello.

My advice would be... Never hesitate to ask.
    If you are not yet confident and unsure of a task, never hesitate to ask your senior.
    Learn as much as you can and before you know it you'll gain that experience and confidence in no time.

If you need to start your career in LTC do it. Any experience is better than no experience.