Thread: Do travel agencies really have jobs for L&D nurses? And do they ever really call you?

Question Do travel agencies really have jobs for L&D nurses? And do they ever really call you?

I'm new to traveling. I have talked to numerous recruiters with multiple companies and I keep getting told that the recruiter will call me back, or I've been submitted for a position, then dont get called for an interview. I have 2 years of L&D with high risk/teaching hospital experience. What gives? What am I doing wrong? I have ACLS, NRP, PALS, & AWHONN intermediate fetal monitoring. I'm about to give up. Any advice?

It depends on a few things, 1st you need a really good company and 2nd what location are you looking at. I've met plenty of L+D travel nurses.
    Don't give up yet, what company are you in contact with?

Wonderful company - Freedom Healthcare Staffing = has found me plenty of jobs!!

I traveled for 3 years doing exclusively L&D with Nightingale Nurses and Cross Country. I have been in a staff position for the last 6 years, but I'm looking into traveling again in the spring. I'm signing up with Cross Country again, and Fastaff. Both have current L&D positions posted. When I first started I had 1 year L&D experience and I concentrated on small community hospitals. There were always more assignments available at larger hospitals, but I wanted to avoid cities because I was traveling with an infant and a toddler. Now that the kids are older I hope to be able to expand my choices.

Your credentials should qualify you for lots of positions. The only other one I would suggest is trying to get STABLE before you leave a staff position. All those certifications are expensive when you have to pay for them yourself. I've never had a problem with recruiters not calling back, usually they are like telemarketers! I would look into some different comapnies to travel with. Good luck!