Thread: SAD (Seasonal Affected Disorder)

SAD (Seasonal Affected Disorder)

Is there anyone else on here that's feeling SAD (Seasonal Affected Disorder) over these few days?

Think that I'm suffering from this yet again. It started a couple of days ago, it comes and goes for me. Know that I do suffer from clinical depression as well, but never put that much stock into this aspect of it.
    Last edited by mybodymyself; 09-18-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: removed e from seasonal

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    My mother suffers from this syndrome - in Fall and Winter when time change hits it gets really bad - Try spending an hour a day under a UV light. Do when you sit down to watch TV. My mom finally ended up moving to a warm tropical climate but that's not realistic for most of us.

Peace

Hppy

I experience SAD myself and "sadly" live in the northeast where the light is quite low for much of the year. UV, especially natural, outdoor light helps. I don't personally use one but hear that those UV lamps are very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricu View Post
    I experience SAD myself and "sadly" live in the northeast where the light is quite low for much of the year. UV, especially natural, outdoor light helps. I don't personally use one but hear that those UV lamps are very effective.
    R,

I also live in the Northeast. At this time never tried UV and unsure if I would want to try it. Since I would much rather prefer natural light.

Agreed. I spend as much time as possible outside even when it's overcast or rainy and get a lot of exercise. I really think this combination of "therapy" improves my mood because when I cut back or stay in, my sense of wellbeing sinks.

Being a native Floridan and working in the Northeast for awhile, I already feel the effects of grey skies. The peeps are so friendly but I wish I could see the sun for awhile. One sunny day out of 5 days so far.

Whether mechanical or natural, light is the answer. Happy "dark season", everyone.

R

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricu View Post
    Whether mechanical or natural, light is the answer. Happy "dark season", everyone.

R
    This was so very true for my mother - but you do need to get a UV lamp. Sitting under just any lamp won't do the trick - even 10 minutes twice a week on a tanning bed helps. Just don't try to sit under one of those silly little pig tail lights the government wants us to use

Hppy

Quote Originally Posted by hppygr8ful View Post
    This was so very true for my mother - but you do need to get a UV lamp. Sitting under just any lamp won't do the trick - even 10 minutes twice a week on a tanning bed helps. Just don't try to sit under one of those silly little pig tail lights the government wants us to use

Hppy
    hppy,

Um interesting

You need a dose of happy hormone from sunshine..and it get’s worse, maybe you already need to seek medical advice..