I've been travel nursing for the past 5 years and been a nurse along time, have great references etc.... I started a perm job at a place I traveled at before but am on a different floor and at my 90 day review, they extended my probation.. because I was seen by the staff as not approachable and did not ENGAGE with the staff.
May I add, they did not say anything about my nursing , charting, etc. just that they want me to have OWNERSHIP on the floor,
They said they don't know anything about me, and I said, I'm here to work and not to gab about my personal life. They did not really like that response.
Anyway, I was highly insulted. I went to work, and was more approachable and hung out at the nurses station more and DID not talk about my personal life. I don't even know what all this means, never heard it before and I will never sit around talking about my personal life.......... NONE of their business...and it's not Professional. I can't stand listening to all the staffs personal drudgeries, we all have them
We meet again in a month and this is all nonsense to me.
Maybe I'll be packing my bags again..................................
All thoughts welcome.