Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good AGencies and experiences on travel nursing

Red face Good AGencies and experiences on travel nursing

Hello everyone,

I am checking out what travel nursing is all about and it sounds like there are ups and downs like anything you do. I am hoping to possibly start travel nursing in the next 2-3 years all of my kids will be graduated and my husband and I are looking for this to be a way to see the world. Any comments and stories of experiences with travel nursing success stories? I am looking for traveling during the winter months to warm climates! Also wondering if anyone knows or has had experiences with : RNnetwork, american mobile or travel nursing. com or if there are any companies you recommend. I reside in Michigan and will probably spend my summers there. Thanks a bunch

I would recomend Rn Network, good people.they will have winter jobs in Florida for you. Also, Medical Solutions is good but at this time have less Florida jobs.
    Check into a Seasonal Job at Lee Memorial Hospital In Florida, You work for the hospital on a seasonal basis, and the pay is much better PLUS theybgive you a monthly STIPEND of about a $1000. per month above and beyond your salary............ Good hospital system with about 4 hospitals to choose from to work. You will have to find your own housing , but that is not a problem in Florida. The travel companies can't match that. You can work 3,4 5, or 6 months assignment at Lee Memorial IN Fort Myers Florida. Also , a few companies work w Lee Memoria also. The travel Company will pay for your housing but I found the pay alot lower that way. I worked at Gulf Coast twice traveling, once w RN Netork and once directly thru Lee Memorial as a seasonal nurse and the Seasonal is a better deal.

Smile Thanks

Thanks so much for the info! I also was wondering about health insurance? If anyone has any info on Az, Tx or CA that would be helpful to.

Beth

Travel Company offers you health insurance and of course you would have to pay for additional family members.

Hello, do they require you take thePDBS test at Lee Memorial?

Yes PBDS is required and if you fail you can't work there for 6 months UNLESS you are a full time employee then they work with you.
    I took it there and passed as a travel nurse then I worked there as their employee as a seasonal nurse also but you only have to take PBDS once and it's good .
    Several travel nurses failed it and it was so stressful to see them have to leave immediately..

I would advise staying away from HealthOne Staffing and Miles M. the recruiter.

If you decide to go with them, READ YOUR CONTRACT very, very carefully. They have a punitive clause whereby you have to pay them if you do not fulfill your minimum hours (facility calls you off, etc).

I got caught not realizing the pay week started on a FRIDAY -- THURSDAY instead of the normal Saturday or Sunday -- to Saturday or Sunday.
    BTW, how many facilities start their pay periods on a Friday to Thursday cycle?

Right out of the gate I owed THEM money. Mr. M. could have warned me of that (and I should have noted it in my contract) but I argued with him for hours about that punitive clause (BEFORE signing) and he never mentioned my initial bend-over was coming with my first check. A bit unethical I would say.

Live and learn!
    Adrienne Zurub
    Author/Speaker/RN

Regarding the contract of paying the company if shift is missed for whatever reason, I dumped a company once who had this policy..
    It's best to get referrals to good companies there are alot of good companies as well as lousy

Hello. I currently travel with Medical Express, a branch of American Mobile. I have had a good experience with them. I honestly believe its all about your recruiter and how hard they are willing to work to keep you happy and meet your needs. I have found I have to be a little firm and just ask for what I want and usually she can get me what I want.
    As far as insurance, I got coverage the first day of my 1st assignment for myself and husband. It's approx $80 a week for vision/dental/medical.
    The good thing about traveling is if you absolutely hate it (which I don't think you will be disappointed you only have to fulfill your contact of 8 or 13 weeks then you can try something else.
    Good luck with your travels.

The fact that you're traveling to the south during the winter is perfect. That's exactly when Florida, Arizona, and other snowbird states need help to be prepared for retired travelers. I also work for Medical Express and don't have any experience with any other company. I would probably rate them a 7 or 8 out of ten. Good luck!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast