Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Healthcare Reform strikes again.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Sounds like nursing home folks, too. Everything is fine when they are private pay. Once you run out of money? Bye-bye!

The Obama-care would be worse.

Why would you need to necessarily screen more than every five years? Dyslipidemia is something that generally starts at a younger age. If you screen at 65 for lipids and everything is normal and they don't have other risk factors chances are they're not gonig to have any issues wtih the cholesterol for awhile. The likelihood of their lipids going out of control in the next couple of years is unlikely unless they start taking a new medication. Of course, if you start taking a medication that might cause your cholesterol to go up I imagine you can do a lipid test because its not a screening at that point. But ultimately the test costs less than $100. If a person really wanted to watch their lipid panel annually they could do that and pay for it out of pocket. This is not the end of the world.

I think that people are really paranoid about the obama care thing. Bottom line is we have a problem in this country that needs to be fixed. This is an attempt to fix it. We'll try it for five to six years and if it works, great. If it doesn't we'll try something else. There's nothing in this new law that is completely irreversable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12