Thread: Reducing Stress

Reducing Stress

What are the best ways to reduce Stress?

Daily living is stressful, period, so, what you do about it will either help you or hurt you. Diversions from the daily grind are the most helpful. You have to take a break once in awhile and usually the only time we do that is when stress has already gotten the best of us. I like to work out because while it really helps me get rid of pent up energy and frustration, I reap the added benefits of having regular endorphin release and being very fit, too. I also like to be outside so when able, I like swimming, biking and hiking, snowshoeing, and working in the yard. Quiet activities I like are reading, music, meditation, talking with God, painting and just hanging out. All of these restorative things recharge my batterise so that I can weather the storm when it hits. I'm pretty social so, I really enjoy being around people and talking. I also love funny things and people. There's nothing like a really good joke or story. Being physically fit and practiced at meditation gives me a lot of patience and endurance but this doesn't mean that I don't have and occasionally hit my limit, it means that I know where my limit is and try to avoid letting things get that far. Take time to know yourself, flaws and all and have reasonable expectations. That doesn't mean low expectations, just reasonable. Always have goals to reach and enjoy the sweet success of meeting them. All in all, what I'm saying here is to take good care of yourself, be reasonable, learn to deal with hard things, enjoy good things and make sure that there is balance between them.

Good luck

R

Yes, a short break will do, everybody needs that since it is really very stressful in the area. Get enough sleep and relaxation as well. Getting a massage is one of the best, do things which makes you happy because after all you deserve it!