Thread: New User.. I Want to Travel, BUT............

New User.. I Want to Travel, BUT............

Hi, this is my first time using any nursing forum.

I've been a nurse on a med-surg unit for just over 2 years, in the last 5 months we've been switching over to an observation unit. I have been interested in travel for a while now but wanted to feel a bit more comfortable in my position before really looking into it... Well, Now I'm looking into it and I'm kinad terrified.. Seems like every company out there has someone screaming "Don't Use Them!! They Will Rip you Off!!" so I have searched and searched and searched, I just keep coming up with more questions and more insecurities. I work full time & for the most part, continue to live paycheck to paycheck, so if I end up with a travel company that doesn't pay, or shorts me, or I don't understand something on the contract, I'm screwed...

Any advise? Words of wisdom/encouragement from long term travelers? Recommendations on trust-worthy companies?

Help I'm completely overwhelmed but I don't want to let fear keep me from what could be an amazing opportunity.

What travel job do you want Med Surg? Simply call a few companies and talk with the recruiter and ask all your questions. Get an idea of hourly pay and housing is free.
    I would recommend RN NET WORK and Medical Solutions. They were upfront and honest. no games.... I will Send you a private message w recruiters names... The contract must be read line by line and if something is not right don't sign it and call recruiter.