Thread: Help me. Working from home?

Help me. Working from home?

I need some help with finding jobs that I can work from home. I am an experienced RN where I works in a Level I Trauma Center's ICU for 8 to 9 years. Before that med-surg, so I have extensive knowledge. Just need to work from home. Won't go into why. Need companies that are looking for chart reviews, etc. need e-mail addresses, phone numbers. Any help with where to start looking would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    You could try law firms that specialize in medical issues - they need people to do chart reviews and such and usually pay well. Your credentials would be very important for credibility. Your license needs to be in good standing with no actions against it. There are also tele-nurse positions through insurance companies again you have to a a license in good standing.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by hppygr8ful View Post
    You could try law firms that specialize in medical issues - they need people to do chart reviews and such and usually pay well. Your credentials would be very important for credibility. Your license needs to be in good standing with no actions against it. There are also tele-nurse positions through insurance companies again you have to a a license in good standing.
    I have an unemcumbered license. Never been anything like that. I have a BSN and great ICU experience. Have had two strokes so I'm afraid to take care of patients at the bedside. Was "forced" out of one job of which I worked in the organization for 16 yrs, and then got fired from another job within 6 weeks of being hired. They got me on stupid stuff but I know in my heart that it was because of having promblems with my limitations, staff complaints, including the intensivist. Very sad. I have to admit it to myself. I loved working in that environment, but have to admit my limitations of what I can and cannot do now; after my strokes!

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Good Luck to you! Hope things get better for you

Law office medical records review... are u able to work at all in an office setting, such as insurance company, or home care company?

No. Morning are really bad for me. My Brain feels like it is swimming in my head.

Thank you.

Working as a medical transcriptionist maybe one of the best options if one opts to work at home,,but will there be any additional training for that?Even if one is already an RN???