I am hoping to be self-insured instead of using the company insurance, so i don't have to worry about gap in coverage in between jobs, etc. I've had a few random ER visits this year, and no good way to predict when those symptoms will come up again (nothing that would keep me from working, but something I need to be prepared for just in case).

Does anyone else self-insure? What company do you use?

I tried to talk to BCBS of TN on the phone the other day, and she seemed SUPER confused and very unhelpful about plans if I would be traveling that much. She was like, oh, no, you can't have a TN card if you are out of the service area for greater than 6 months, even though I explained that my permanent address would remain in TN. However, I also would prefer a plan that wouldn't constantly be out of network every time I see someone on location for my assignments.

But I have no idea if there even *are* any health insurance plans that are nationwide instead of state-specific. Anyone?? I know BCBS has great national coverage, but it's broken down by individual states.

Thanks!