Thread: HELP!! discouraged and hopeless

Unhappy HELP!! discouraged and hopeless

I am new to this forum but have been in recovery and clean since 11/2011. I live in San Antonio now and need help finding a TPAPN friendly employer. Any Suggestions? I have put in over 70 applications and been turned down in person at least 7 times. i am becoming very discouraged and am wondering if I should contemplate changing professions. I really Love Nursing and am a TLC type of nurse, I chose this profession because I genuinely care for people and there well-being. Please HELP

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by compassionate View Post
    I am new to this forum but have been in recovery and clean since 11/2011. I live in San Antonio now and need help finding a TPAPN friendly employer. Any Suggestions? I have put in over 70 applications and been turned down in person at least 7 times. i am becoming very discouraged and am wondering if I should contemplate changing professions. I really Love Nursing and am a TLC type of nurse, I chose this profession because I genuinely care for people and there well-being. Please HELP

My best advice is for you to look into psych or even a job at a Drug Rehab as a detox nurse - those two places don"t seem to care if you have a history as long as you are clean now and working a program - I worked psych for 5 years while I was in the California program - now I am doing private nurse consulting for group homes and community care facilities - something I would have never seen myself doing before this journey.

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Try Normandy Terrace on Rice Rd. They hired me while on TPAPN and actually had several nurses there on a program. They were really good to me. Had I not screwed up I would probably still be there. Good luck!

Can you ask the Board of Nursing for agencies/hospitals?

You can always ask but I have found that the boards have not been very helpful with this - if you are going to a nurse support group find out where other members are working. The psych facility I worked at hired me in spite of haviong to dile monthly reports etc.... I later found out I was their first ever Diversion nurse and they hired many more after me..... What with all the testing we go through our nurse manager told me ......"Hell your the only one's I know for certain are sober..... if you were in SO Cal I could get you a job right away
    Last edited by hppygr8ful; 11-20-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Find an attorney who specializes in labor law. Clean up all your applications. Send truthful honest cover letters about everything. Then keep copies of every single submission. Send letters to the board communicating your experience with DISCRIMINATION. Your not sending the letters to complain you are sending them for evidence! Your applications have to be polished, absolutely truthful. If asked an uncomfortable question on an application, be honest, otherwise it will come back to bite you. I submitted thousands of apps. I found an attorney, sued and won! My case case be found under Brenda Johnson in Arizona.