Thread: Best path to becoming an RN, ultimately earn my BSN.

Best path to becoming an RN, ultimately earn my BSN.

Due to doing very bad in high school the only option I have is to go to Community College. I want to be an RN and want to get my BSN. So, I've thought of two ways to go about this.

1: Start at Community College, maintain a high GPA, finish pre req's for a nursing school and transfer.

2:Get my ASN at Community College, start to work as an RN, do an RN - BSN course.

If I do the RN-BSN course, I know a lot of the time it's online, so would potential employers know it was online or would they just know what school I got it from?

I am in an RN to BSN program now, and it is not all online. I go one evening a week and one sat a month. It is geared toward working nurses and I will graduate from a local university. It has been a great program for me, and I would encourage anyone to do the same who can't get their education in the more traditional fashion. Good luck!

JG,
    That is a great way to go, community college for AAS in nursing, then, work and chip away at BSN.....

Hybrid and web-based University degrees are the future of higher education for most adults currently in the workforce and employers recognize this. So long as the nursing program is accredited there is no reason to view it as inferior.