Thread: NCLEX app Discussion

NCLEX app Discussion

I posted this reply in another thread and decided it would be smart to start one discussion on NCLEX apps. Here is my analysis of the ones I have tried:
    Kaplan's rationales are garbage and many answers are incorrectly labeled.
    Saunders doesn't have enough information or questions.
    Lippincott has some wrong information, I don't think they tried very hard with this one.
    ATI doesn't have challenging questions and may be other about half of what they charge.
    NCLEX mastery seems pretty accurate and is challenging, it also has a bunch of little extras to help you prepare. worth the price.

Discuss

Good post. I would add this:
    Kaplan has pretty good questions, but if you don't understand them, good luck due to the poor/lack of rationales
    ATI is NOT WORTH THE $20
    I bought NCLEX mastery before the price was raised and I love it!! I would easily spend the $30 they are currently charging
    Lippincott: I agree, they seem to have just slapped their textbook into app form without putting ANY thought into it

I agree about ATI app (not worth it), although their testing at my school seems to be really good.
    I just downloaded NCLEX mastery after reading this and so far the free version seems good (on iphone). Questions are as good as anywhere else.

Here is some of the general reviews on the top few apps in the store. These are directly from the apple app store and WOW some are pretty brutal!!

NCLEX Mastery (4.5 Star): "Great practice Questions" "1500+ Questions" "Mnemonics are helpful" "Great customer service"
    NCLEX, Ion Citadel (4 Stars): "Glitches" "Long time to load" "Very few rational/explanations" "immediate crash" "Inconsistent and inaccurate"
    Lippincotts (3 Stars): "Thorough BUT I found many errors (about 10%!)" "A bit pricey" "Wrong information" "This app is ok because it is free" "Wrong and misleading"
    ATI (3.5): "Half the questions are too easy and not what one would have been on a real ATI test" "For twenty something dollars this is a complete waste of money" "Does not have challenging questions"
    Kaplan (3.5 Stars): "Some of the rationales are not detailed" "Lack of categories" "Wrong answers proved right by the rationales" "Rationales contradict answers"
    Pass NCLEX-RN (2.5 Stars): "NOt worth downloading" "No rationale" "Some of the answers are totally wrong" "complete and utter waste of time"
    Saunders (3 Stars): "Having only 25 questions is a wast of time and space" "Isn't worth taking up space on your device" "Useful for 10 minutes"

I can't attest to which app is the best but I hope this helps!

Great analysis atlnurse and jamie. I went and downloaded NCLEX mastery for ipad and my htc one after reading this post.

It seems pretty cool, quality questions and easy to use. I love the little extras it has. Thanks for the tips everyone!

I'll try it out, thanks for the advice

I found this discussion interesting and spot on. I tried on NCLEX Mastery app, ATI app, and kaplan (plus several free ones, which all sucked).
    NCLEX Mastery is the clear number 1. I am amazed that ATI and Kaplan can't make a good app.

Thought I would give my two sense on NCLEX Mastery app after using it for about a month. I'm still not completely through all the questions, the nclex questions are quality. The app is easy to use and I even contacted customer service with a questions and some expert named Ben answered my email very fast. Highly recommended