Thread: there is more teamwork in the night shift??

there is more teamwork in the night shift??

I have read some articles saying that there is more teamwork in the night shifts compared to the day shift. they say that night shift nurses have more sense of camaraderie than in the day shift..
    would you agree to this? I just want to know the real deal from real practicing nurses here. thanks!!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    I would say it's true. Of course, it was a mixed bag at times, as there were a few (not many) co-workers who wouldn't help me when needed. But when they needed help? *Snort!*

i always enjoy the night shifts since most patients are asleep and the hospital is quieter and not to mention the higher pay.. about the teamwork, I think it really depends on the people you are working with though..

Tower E, 1st Floor, DLF IT Park, Chandigarh – 160 101
    Hi
    Staff cohesiveness and teamwork is better at night than any other shift because most night staff value each other, those nurses have good bonding, and they remain loyal to one another.

I absolutely agree. The crew that I work with on nights are very helpful when I need any type of help. We are more independent with decision making since we really don't have the management around to help us out so we depend on each other for the tough questions. I think being on nights also makes me a more independent nurse in which I HAVE to use my critical thinking skills to work through issues instead of being able to call the nurse manager to deal with it. I have been offered the opportunity to go to a day shift position which would probably be better for my sleep pattern but I am not willing to give up the team I have on nights for the craziness of doctors, family and the big brass on days. Too much drama for me. Happy nursing

I agree. I say hi to a day shift nurse and they simply ignore me. They are all so RUDE!! There is more of a team like atmosphere on the night shift!!

Yes it happens in night because in the night doctors have less focus and therefore nurses have to manage many things and their work becomes more tough.

Regard: Sumera

Yes i also agree that nurses in night work more because in night focus of doctors are not like day and therefore more work is done by nurse.

Regard: Sumera