Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: daily bible verse for everyone!

"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."
    Luke 6:43-45 (NIV)

May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.
    2 Thessalonians 3:5 (NIV)

Nurse Amy,

Thank you for introducing this thread and I appreciate your daily posting of verses from The Holy Bible. Your spiritual discipline is admirable and while I happen to share your Judeo-Christian background, I personally have learned a great deal about the Holy from many wizened Elders from diverse backgrounds and wonder if members reading this thread might not appreciate the invitation to post material from other sources that they value as spiritual.

i am aware of some who do not appreciate this and have their own beliefs. but as long as there is respect between us here then we would still be harmonious in this forum.

Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."
    - John 6:35

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Perhaps we could call it daily inspiration - whatever god you pray to - or whatever you follow to restore your soul

Quote Originally Posted by hppygr8ful View Post
    Perhaps we could call it daily inspiration - whatever god you pray to - or whatever you follow to restore your soul
    yep that would be a great idea. however I get mine from the bible so I called it daily bible verses.

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be." Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead -- since he was about a hundred years old -- and that Sarah's womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.
    Romans 4:18-21 (NIV)

Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."
    Matthew 22:37

"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
    Joshua 24:15

"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."
    Matthew 24:42-44 (NIV)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast