Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Daily quotes to share!!

We are all failures- at least the best of us are.”
    ― J.M. Barrie

“Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t “should’ve” done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!”
    ― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human

“Never was anything great achieved without danger.”
    ― Niccolò Machiavelli

“Over the years, I have come to realize that the greatest trap in our life is not success, popularity, or power, but self-rejection. Success, popularity, and power can indeed present a great temptation, but their seductive quality often comes from the way they are part of the much larger temptation to self-rejection. When we have come to believe in the voices that call us worthless and unlovable, then success, popularity, and power are easily perceived as attractive solutions. The real trap, however, is self-rejection. As soon as someone accuses me or criticizes me, as soon as I am rejected, left alone, or abandoned, I find myself thinking, "Well, that proves once again that I am a nobody." ... [My dark side says,] I am no good... I deserve to be pushed aside, forgotten, rejected, and abandoned. Self-rejection is the greatest enemy of the spiritual life because it contradicts the sacred voice that calls us the "Beloved." Being the Beloved constitutes the core truth of our existence.”
    ― Henri J.M. Nouwen

“People who lack the clarity, courage, or determination to follow their own dreams will often find ways to discourage yours. When you change for the better, the people around you will be inspired to change also....but only after doing their best to make you stop. Live your truth and don't EVER stop.”
    ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

“Success is determined not by whether or not you face obstacles, but by your reaction to them. And if you look at these obstacles as a containing fence, they become your excuse for failure. If you look at them as a hurdle, each one strengthens you for the next.”
    ― Ben Carson, Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story

“Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.”
    ― Robert Strauss

“Do not let another day go by where your dedication to other people's opinions is greater than your dedication to your own emotions!”
    ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

“Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

“Walk with the dreamers, the believers, the courageous, the cheerful, the planners, the doers, the successful people with their heads in the clouds and their feet on the ground. Let their spirit ignite a fire within you to leave this world better than when you found it...”
    ― Wilferd Peterson

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast