Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: daily health tips for nurses!

daily health tips for nurses!

hi guys i just would like to share health tips with you and if you want to share ideas, you may post on this topic as well!

10 ways to control high blood pressure:
    1. Lose extra pounds and watch your waistline
    2. Exercise regularly
    3. Eat a healthy diet
    4. Reduce sodium in your diet
    5. Limit the amount of alcohol you drink
    6. Avoid tobacco products and secondhand smoke
    7. Cut back on caffeine
    8. Reduce your stress
    9. Monitor your blood pressure at home and make regular doctor's appointments
    10. Get support from family and friends

Enjoy regular down time.

tips for sleeping in daytime:
    - Reading a book can help you fall asleep, if you are very tired and cannot fall asleep.
    - If the phone is ringing non-stop, turn the ringer down, or off. (This isn't a good idea if you have school age children).
    - Lower the blinds. Put on some calm music. (Use headphones if it's too loud outside.)
    - Don't lay in the bed if you are too tired to sleep. Get up and do something and come back later.
    - Exercise or yoga are good if you are restless.
    - If your neighbours are too loud don't be afraid to go and ask them to turn down the noise!
    - Don't nap near bedtime or you will have trouble getting to sleep at night.
    - You may find that parks, beaches, and other public areas make better daysleeping locations than your own home at some times if there are lots of people, noisy children, lights on, etc. at your house.

Quote Originally Posted by nurseamyg View Post
    10 ways to control high blood pressure:
    1. Lose extra pounds and watch your waistline
    2. Exercise regularly
    3. Eat a healthy diet
    4. Reduce sodium in your diet
    5. Limit the amount of alcohol you drink
    6. Avoid tobacco products and secondhand smoke
    7. Cut back on caffeine
    8. Reduce your stress
    9. Monitor your blood pressure at home and make regular doctor's appointments
    10. Get support from family and friends
    I do like it then .. great tips.. yeah I admit that I am just so tired of exercising.. something like that.
    [url=http://www.healthcaresalaryworld.com/what-is-nurse-practitioner-salary/]nurse practitioner salary[/ur]

it is true that we fell tired of exercising but I think we should motivate ourselves for it..

how to get rid of foot odor
    Wash your feet. It sounds obvious, but a quick rub with soapy water in the shower isn't enough. The objective here is to get rid of any bacteria and dead skin cells that bacteria like to feed on. So when you wash your feet, exfoliate the entire surface of your foot with a washcloth, brush, or any other abrasive mechanism and use anti-bacterial soap. Don't forget to scrub between your toes, either.

Dry your feet.
    When you dry your feet, dry them completely. Moisture, whether it's water or sweat, is what creates a fertile breeding ground for bacteria, Take the time to dry your feet thoroughly and don't neglect the space between your toes.

Use hand sanitizer. It may sound weird, but a good scented (or unscented) hand sanitizer can kill germs on your feet and inhibit bacterial growth.

Use deodorant. The same deodorant you apply under your arms could also be used for your feet. Just make sure to get a separate deodorant stick for each area.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    I don't recommend the use of hand sanitizer on hand or feet. It is one of the chief culprits in the development of multi-drug resistant bacteria such as VRE AND MRSA. My family is cursed with foot odor - but my old family doctor told me to scrub my feet with a good soap daily and once a week soak in a basin of three parts warm water and 1 part Amber Listerine + t tablespoons of olive oil. Your feet will be soft and clean .

Peace

Hppy

Quote Originally Posted by hppygr8ful View Post
    I don't recommend the use of hand sanitizer on hand or feet. It is one of the chief culprits in the development of multi-drug resistant bacteria such as VRE AND MRSA. My family is cursed with foot odor - but my old family doctor told me to scrub my feet with a good soap daily and once a week soak in a basin of three parts warm water and 1 part Amber Listerine + t tablespoons of olive oil. Your feet will be soft and clean .

Peace

Hppy
    i may not have this foot problem, but Ill try to do your tip. thanks!

Learn to do stretching exercises when you wake up. It boosts circulation and digestion, and eases back pain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast