Thread: Crazy

Lightbulb Crazy

Hi I live Grove City Ohio and am looking for a network of support and some outside nurse AA meetings,
    I had 18 yrs. sober then turned 50, the kids left and all other nonsense so I drank. Sober now and being monitored, they are strict.
    but that is why I am alive today. I thought I was alone until I found this and so happy that I did. I go to 2 meetings a week and want to add some with other nurses. I also do alot of volunteering to help out and stay busy. I cannot do what I want to do with having a suspended license so I am a housekeeper until I get back on track, if that ever occurs that is, I think I am doomed as I have done Psych all my life and I am old, by the time I get my License back I will be 60. I pray daily.
    hope to hear from someone Jan

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Do not lose heart there is always room for good psych especially old one's like you and me - be humble do what is asked of you and you will get through it.

Hppy

Hi, Jan. I randomly came across your post and I just want to offer my support!! I've struggled with psychiatric disorders my whole life, so I can relate to the feelings of helplessness; like everything is out of your control. I feel for you and your history of addiction. Despite the long journey that you've been on, I'm glad to see that you're still moving on strong! You're following your dreams still after all this time and as long as you stick to your guns and continue with your treatment, I'm sure that everything will work out for you! Just look at where you once were--when you were at your very worst-- and then look at where you are today! Focus on that, and keep moving forward. And even in the end, if you are not a nurse again, remember the years that you were and everything that you contributed and accomplished! Be proud! Best wishes to you on the rest of your journey.

XOXO,
    Eden

Hi, as someone who has fought alcoholism I think I can speak to this. At times I felt worthless and like noone new what it was like. It can be a hard road but you know it can be done. You did it for 18 years. You just need to get back in tract, and remember you are NOT alone. I will say a prayer for you. I know it helps! Do not give up. :-)
    https://advancedfunnelsystem.com/home

Just thought I would add to this thread. A few hours ago I graduated a year long clean and sobet discipleship program. Take it from me.... There is help out there.
    https://advancedfunnelsystem.com/home