I have been looking into becoming an RN for over the past year. There's so many different areas that I'm really interested in, specifically oncology or the OR. I want to go into school prepared for which position I may end up in and do not want to waste my time with degrees or classes that aren't necessary for me in the long run, or ones that would prolong the completion. Or did you just fall upon your decision in the middle of nursing school? I was suggested to complete my ASN and then my hospital should pay for me to complete my BSN. But I feel as if my ASN will take three years, I might as well just jump in and finish my BSN first.

Then I entertained the idea of possibly going into Med school. My only concern is that I'm newly engaged and I do plan on having kids in the near future. I do not think that will mix well with Med school. But I would like the possibility of maybe finishing my BSN and then going into Med at some point. Even though I would feel like completing my BSN would be a complete waste. Would that be?

I'm really not sure on which direction to go. I've gone to school and am close to having a BS in fashion, so I have all of my general education classes complete as well. I don't want to waste anymore time or money for college.