Thread: becoming an RN help?

Jacob Israel Arreola

Smile becoming an RN help?

Hi, i am trying to become an rn through a vocational nursing program. i know i can also go about it with a bsn and an asn, but i have chosen this path. i don't know anyone else who works in the medical field personally. Can someone please let me know what are the prerequisites i would need? and if there is a way that i can climb from a ma or cna to a rn in time? i have done plenty research, but i would rather talk to real nurses. please help me.

Hope you are doing well on your journey. You can certainly climb from ma or cna to rn in time. Through experience and some more schooling you'll be well on your way. With a job in the health field, you can fund your schooling and eventually get your bsn or asn. Good luck!

Prerequisites to any nursing program can be found on the school website's nursing program link. That is the first place someone should look, online. Then they can make an appointment to speak with a nursing department advisor to have any questions answered. Also, many programs hold periodic information sessions where one can ask and receive all the info they need. The schedule for these sessions is usually published online, again, on the nursing program's link. Otherwise, basic prerequisites usually include, anatomy, physiology, (or anat/physiology), microbiology, chemistry, psychology, human development. Others, that vary with different programs, could include English composition, math, nutrition, etc. It is easier to make a chart listing each school being considered and their prerequisites. Then, one way of approaching the prerequisites, is to take all of the common ones first, then, as one eliminates programs through the application process, take the outlier courses.