Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problem?

Re: problem?

gee, used syringes in the trash?? I have HepC and was on the Peg-Intron treatment, had to give myself injections. My doctor gave me a sharps container for the used syringes.and I brought the container back to his office.
    would think that a sharps contaier wouldn't be that difficult to get, or expensive. I shudder to think of used needles being accessible by being placced in ther trash in a plastic contianer with the top only being secured by duct tape. what about safety issues and, the junkie problem???
    I am from Mississippi, and have a few friends whom are Home health nurses, and they all have sharps boxes..

Member Extraordinaire

Re: problem?

I don't think the problem with the trashman is going to be getting stuck with a diabetic syringe it might be though with the junkie who doesn't dispose of correctly. When at home health we weren't allowed to bring back patients filled containers back to the hospital for disposal only the ones we used ourself. If I was seeing a diabetic daily for injections I used the container they provided. We even had a box in the utility room where we brought in detergent bottles to take to peoples houses who did use liquid detergent and needed a disposal but they didn't get a red sharps box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12