Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd chance kelly

2nd chance kelly

This is my first time and I don't know what to do

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: 2nd chance kelly

Why not tell us a bit about yourself? How long have you been a nurse, or if you are in nursing school, how much longer do you have to go? Specialty? Me....I am in LTC, and wouldn't trade it for the world. (Maybe an extra day off at times.... )

'Cat'

I have been a nurse for 12 years and it has all been in home health. Boy do I have a story.

Welcome Kelly, a story huh... why not share?

Indonurse

Exclamation Re: 2nd chance kelly

Quote Originally Posted by kellyred View Post
    This is my first time and I don't know what to do
    Well Come Kelly...If you still confuse what you can do here...Try to Put some posting for us.

If you like to get the other information about nurse you can visit the link Below :

Nursing Online

Nurses should be Confident..:luck: :luck: :luck:

Cool Re: 2nd chance kelly

hi!! I want to hear your story too!!!!

How about I give the shortened version? I have been a home health Rn for 12 years. In April of '06 (6-6-06 to be exact) I was arrested for forging a script. I have since completed rehab, am drug free and attending meetings and groups weekly. I have not worked since Jan '06 and am not able to find a job because of my background. My license is unrestricted with board determination to be made the end of this year. I have tried being completely forthecoming with my situation and now feel like I am going to loose my nursing career. I am willing to travel but not relocate. If anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be greatly appreciated as I have not had anyone to talk to about this other than family. Thanks Guys!! Kelly

Talking Re: 2nd chance kelly

Hey Kelly,

Welcome!!! I always like a good "story". I don't know about anyone else's place of employment but the facility I work in is such a soap opera that someday I want to write a book about my experience there!

Again, welcome!!!!!!
    :houra:
    Don't Sweat the Small Stuff! Life is too short to flitter away on worry!!! Be HAPPY!!! :houra:

Cool Re: 2nd chance kelly

Hi Kelly,
    I'm so sorry to hear of your story! I'm glad your better now!! I hope you get a job soon. Everyone deserves a 2nd, 3rd or 4th chance. We are all only human. Everyone makes mistakes its too bad that yours has to haunt you. Maybe nursing isn't your only option! Maybe there's something more important that you need to do. Working with people who still have your lessons to learn, maybe! Good luck to you with whatever you do. Someone once said "Don't let your past define who you are now"
    Cityslicker

Cityslicker,

Yeah, I have thought maybe I should be doing something else. In fact, when I came back home I wanted to start a recovery program as we have no recovery here. I honestly did not know where to start. That is still something I want to do but for right now I just need a job and it seems nursing is the only thing I know. I agree there should be at least a 2nd chance - I' searching for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast