Thread: Travel Nursing

Travel Nursing

Im interested in possibly doing some travel Nursing in Hawaii.Sort of like a working vacation with the family. Im not looking to start until maybe 2009 (June).I need some advice on best and highest paying travel agency.Do;s and Donts of travel nursing. Thanks Ga gal

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Travel Nursing

Welcome! I have been with RN Network for over a year and a half now, and they have been very good to me- good pay, good assignments, excellent housing & benefits... and my recruiter is awesome. PM me if you have any specific questions about them or if you'd like my recruiter's contact info.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Smile Re: Travel Nursing

Hi Amanda, my name is Darlene and I am new to the forum. I am also thinking about doing my first traveling assignment the third week of September. Since you have experience at this, when do you think I should start applying for a position? I really not sure what is involved. You also mentioned that RN Network was a good company to work? I also wanted to ask you, do they let you make your own shedule? Sorry so many questions. Your reply would be appreciated.
    Darlene

HI there, I just signed up for my first travel nursing job in San diego, california with american mobile. I have heard that this is the best travel company to do business with in california and that nurses love there living facilites and support from this company. I hope that this is the case with myself. If there is any difference in opinion please feel free to let me know.

Member Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by goins004 View Post
    HI there, I just signed up for my first travel nursing job in San diego, california with american mobile. I have heard that this is the best travel company to do business with in california and that nurses love there living facilites and support from this company. I hope that this is the case with myself. If there is any difference in opinion please feel free to let me know.
    Actually, I have heard the exact opposite from travelers all over the country (including CA & San Diego)- I have heard that American Mobile is the worst, that they do not support their travelers, don't pay as well, have poor benefits, and many payroll errors/disputes. Hope this isn't the case for you.... Which hospital in San Diego will you be at?
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Resident Trauma Queen

Member Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    Hi Amanda, my name is Darlene and I am new to the forum. I am also thinking about doing my first traveling assignment the third week of September. Since you have experience at this, when do you think I should start applying for a position? I really not sure what is involved. You also mentioned that RN Network was a good company to work? I also wanted to ask you, do they let you make your own shedule? Sorry so many questions. Your reply would be appreciated.
    Darlene
    I would wait until 6-8 weeks before you are ready to go before applying for travel positions. Travel companies do not make your schedule, the hospital does, so if there are certain days you want off, you need to arrange that with the hospital when you interview with them, BEFORE you sign your contract. The more limitations you have on your schedule & availability, the less hospitals will be interested in hiring you.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Resident Trauma Queen

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaWIRN View Post
    Actually, I have heard the exact opposite from travelers all over the country (including CA & San Diego)- I have heard that American Mobile is the worst, that they do not support their travelers, don't pay as well, have poor benefits, and many payroll errors/disputes. Hope this isn't the case for you.... Which hospital in San Diego will you be at?
    Well that is disappointing.:38: I have heard the opposite. I guess I will see. What company have you heard good things about? They have not found a hospital yet due to I want a straight neuro position. :wink_smile: To be honest between the internet and talkig to people you always hear good and bad things about all travel companies. However where theres smoke theres fire. Thanks for you reply. Would love to hear from you again.

Member Extraordinaire

I have been with RN Network for a year and a half, and they have been excellent. Have also heard good things about Clinical One & Aureus.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Resident Trauma Queen

Quote Originally Posted by GA gal View Post
    Im interested in possibly doing some travel Nursing in Hawaii.Sort of like a working vacation with the family. Im not looking to start until maybe 2009 (June).I need some advice on best and highest paying travel agency.Do;s and Donts of travel nursing. Thanks Ga gal
    HI I HAVE BEEN TRAVELING FOR OVER 2 1/2 YRS. JUST FYI SYAT AAWAY FROM TIFTON, GA HOSPITAL VERY NON TRAVEL NURSE FRIENDLY. AS FAR AS COMPANIES MEDICAL SOLUTIONS IS AWESOME AND SO I SSUNBELT STAFFING