Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Medical Assistant Identifying herself as a Nurse

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Medical Assistant Identifying herself as a Nurse

It depends on your state's board. Just call them and talk to them about it, without giving your name. They can't make you reveal your name.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Quote Originally Posted by nmnurse View Post
    Another thing that chaps my A** is the fact that she FLUNKED out of nursing school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I busted my A** to get a 4.0 gpa and was given the first award (for this school) for Clinical Excellence. I worked hard and still do in order to sign my name as RN.

Sorry, I really needed to vent...as I can't do this at work.
    :cry_smile:

What are you so apoligetic for:confused: this is a serious issue for all of us who have been through the meat grinder and "PASSED" if you do nothing then the powers that be are one step closer to replacing us all with Med-ASSistants. If she is truely missrepresenting herself then she deserves what is comming. don't pull any punches and keep us informed PLEASE.
    "BECAUSE I SAID SO" IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON.

You are making a big deal more than it is. I am an LVN and I was a CNA and it was tiresome to explain to people that are older and from foreign countries your title is do to the responsibilities that I had as a CNA. Now I have not even half the responsibilities as and three times more pay, so I understand her true she should not write it in paper but she might have her reasons. I give some advice life is to short to understand everyone. You are making this a big deal because I have worked with persons like you and they spend too much time on things like these instead of enjoying life doing better things. Enjoy life and be positive!:shades_smile:! See ya!!

Member Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by jose View Post
    You are making a big deal more than it is. I am an LVN and I was a CNA and it was tiresome to explain to people that are older and from foreign countries your title is do to the responsibilities that I had as a CNA. Now I have not even half the responsibilities as and three times more pay, so I understand her true she should not write it in paper but she might have her reasons. I give some advice life is to short to understand everyone. You are making this a big deal because I have worked with persons like you and they spend too much time on things like these instead of enjoying life doing better things. Enjoy life and be positive!:shades_smile:! See ya!!
    Spend years earning your nursing degree, and then tell me if you still think this is no big deal. It doesn't matter if "she has her reasons," if shes not a nurse, she should not be telling patients that she is one. It is illegal.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Resident Trauma Queen

Misrepresentation of one's credentials on an official document constitutes a Class A Misdemeanor.
    Flight/Trauma Nurse
    RN, B.S.N., CCRN, ccNREMT-P, FP-C,
    B.S. NeuroScience, M.S.N.(ACNP/FNP) Student
    ACLS, PALS, NRP, PHTLS, and all the other $2 titles

IS she identifying her self as a "nurse" or "RN" and is it in verbal introduction or on documentation? Although there is huge debate on "who can call themselves a nurse" the only people that can are those with it in their title! "REGISTERED NURSE", "LISCENCED PRACTICAL NURSE", "NURSE ASSOCIATE"(WITH IS AN ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSE BEING UTILIZED IN SOME AREAS). On some units LPN's are the front line nurses and they do have the right to refer to themselves as "the nurse", but for a med as....WOW thats balsy! :33:

My dear...it seems to me you are in need of a tad bit more education yourself. Your responsibilities should have increased not decreased once you became licensed. By the way, it might not hurt you to work with more people like me...we might just rub off on you. Good day!:33:

Well looks like many of people do not have a life. I did not read that she represented herself as an RN but as usual people will assume the the worse. If she did that now that is wrong but everyone is jumping to conclusions and getting upset and pretty soon will want to start suing someone for this stop cryning people and get over it!!!:shades_smile: Be Happy!!

Member Extraordinaire

No one is crying over anything. Misrepresenting yourself as a nurse (whether it be RN, LPN, whatever) when you are a medical assistant is unethical and ILLEGAL.

And please refrain from making personal attacks. No one here needs to "get a life." After all, you're on here discussing this just like the rest of us...
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Resident Trauma Queen

Well looks like many of people do not have a life. I did not read that she represented herself as an RN but as usual people will assume the the worse. If she did that now that is wrong but everyone is jumping to conclusions and getting upset and pretty soon will want to start suing someone for this stop cryning people and get over it!!!:shades_smile: Be Happy!!
    I think you need to seriously reconsider your point of view on this issue. AN RN in an RN, an LPN is an LPN and a medical assistant is a medical assistant. I went to school to get my RN, and you went to school to get your LPN, and you should be offended that someone with a 2 week course in how to change a bed is even suggesting at all that they know as much as you do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast