Thread: traveling to california..need some help deciding

traveling to california..need some help deciding

Hello,
    My husband and I are seriously thinking of traveling to California. This would be my first assignment and I would like any information about good hospitals to work at for a pediatric nurse. I have talked to cross country and AMH and getting about the same information. However we are confused as to where in Cali we should start our adventures. Thanks in advance for any helpl
    Sarah

Anonymous

Re: traveling to california..need some help deciding

Well I don't work in hospitals but I would suggest you find different companies...Just a suggestion.. Have you read the reviews here on these two companies.. You might want to.

WR,,, three commas for Becca

I am in S. Calif. with All About Staffing and loving it!!!

If you go out to Cali, you won't regret it at all. No people like Californians to work with and be around. Very helpful with maps, directions, at the work place with lots of pride for their State.

I am from S. Florida and thought no place could rival what I have but I am very wrong on this one. Great pay, gorgeous hills and mountains along with gorgeous weather are just a few things I can say about this place.

The mandate laws they have really protect you as a worker and they have to make sure you have your breaks. No more of this 3 patients per Nurse stuff along with not eating because you can't get your break time in there stuff. Doesn't happen, ever!

I hope your experience is as wonderful as mine is. I just finished my first 13 weeks and signed up for the next 13 weeks with 19 days off in between. As I am typing, I came home to Florida for 15 days and will be working a few shifts. Doing this will enable me to "write off" the air fare and rental car and any food and groceries I will be buying. This is the life!

Southern Cali is great, San Diego area. I hear Scripps hospitals are pretty good, also Los Robles in Thousand Oaks and West Hills. In Northern Cali the terraine is beautiful and Pomona and Salinas Valley hospitals are good too. I work with Shawn at Netis Healthcare Staffing and he has been great to me. His number is 888-884-4888

Thanks for the responses. We are still thinking about what to do but really appreciate the posts
    Sarah

<font color="red">Text</font>

Hi-
    I loved traveling in California, the area is awesome. The company that I travel with is Nurse Corps and my recruiter is Justin. The company has been great to me. You can check out their web site www.nursecorps.us

Hi Sara, you've most likely secured a travel position in California by now but if you haven't it's a great place to be. I came to CA 10 yrs ago as a traveler and never left. In the Los Angeles area Childrens Hosp of LA is THE place for pediatrics. I've been working as a staff nurse here since I completed my first two assignments in CA and I've recently signed-up with a few travel companies to pursue local travel so that I can take advantage of the tax-free travel allowance. If you would like additional info about CA (in particular, LA) let me know. Good Luck!