Thread: having to work overtime when i want to go home

having to work overtime when i want to go home

I have been sitting here all day doing nothing. I am the weekend option outpatient nurse (here by my self). I only had one shot to give today(this is not a normal 12 hr day). Then at 1700 this preppie inconsiderate doctor calls to give me orders. For 2 anti-biotics to be given. This will take 2.5 hours to give, and I still had to start an IV on this renal patient. Doent get me wrong, I will stay late to help my patients. That is not bothering me. This #@$%@#$%$#@$#^%&*((&^%$# Doctor knew about this since 1300. I am going to stay here an extra hour collecting over time due to a stupid doctor. MO MONEY

Yah I sound like a big whinner or wheene but $#@$% doctors make you mad. that was inconsiderate to the patient and me.

Re: having to work overtime when i want to go home

If you let your supervisor know they will, believe it or not, usually get onto the docs....they doen't want to pay unnecessary OT.

Anonymous

Re: having to work overtime when i want to go home

Job security....

WR,,, three commas for Becca