Thread: New to the site

New to the site

Hello! My name is Kelly I will be 20 on May 6 and I will have my nursing pinning ceremony on May 7. I will only be a student nurse for about 4 more weeks. I will also be getting married in May (the 29th), can anyone give me some info. on this site? how to use it and stuff?! Thanks so much
    ~Kelly

Re: New to the site

Hi kelly, go to the FAQ It has all the info on the site. But the site does not seem to be working well today keep getting error messages.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel

thank you!

Hi kelly! Congratulations on your upcoming graduation AND wedding! If you still need any help after checking the FAQ's don't hesitate to ask any of us and we'll be glad to help! Are you all set for the wedding?

nursing sucks. I made a mistake going into nursing.
    1. I get no respect from managment
    2. Mandatory overtime
    3. [censored] pay
    4. bullshit politics
    5. 5 to 1 days 7 to 1 evenings 10 to 1 nights ratios
    6 Rotating day night shifts rotating weekends
    7. stress!! stress!! stress!!
    8. New grads and their romantic views of nursing piss me off
    9. more new grads than experienced nurses ( experienced nurses are getting out of the proffession)
    10. I get to pick up the slack for new grads my asignments
    suck all the heavy's

abandon a sinking ship!!! I am getting out. I dont care if you all go on strike. The system sucks no way to fix it. as for scabs lets all go on strike every where in the country and become scab nurses. then all the hospitals will have to pay the big bucks for our services give us rides to work buy our lunch and treat us with respect. We are a valuble commotity but in the current system we allow our selves to be treated like worthless unskilled workers. we are the system without us there is no health care sytem. we have allowed buisienss men and politicions to design and run americas health care system what do they know? Nothing about being patient advocates!!. There is no way to fix it only thing to do is to leave the proffesion.
    7 years in nursing = 1 half the pay my freinds in other proffesions make. 2. I am up at 3 in the mourning on my day off because I am in the middle of my night rotation. 3. I will have one day off before my day rotation starts again. 4. I have days with no lunch 4. Days with no breaks 5. Days when I forget to go to the bathroom 5. My boss tells me that we halve to send some one home at 3:00 because a 6 to 1 nurse patient ratio is fine and we need to save money for the budget. Burned out ooo yaaaa

tell us how you really feel

Why not take a break from the hospital employee setting & go to work for an agency for a while? Pick your own shifts, where & when you work & get paid more in the process?

Nursing doesn't suck. How you choose to practice it may be the problem though!

Welcome Kelly,

Just read throught the threads and respond as you'd like.
    Or if you have a question or comment you can do that too.

I've found it's a great way to network with nurses from all over the country (and beyond).