Thread: Drama Queens (Kings)

Drama Queens (Kings)

How many of you work with a Drama Queen or King.

Ok, I am a person who cares about others and their problem.
    I am working with a nurse, just the two of us on weekends, and she will talk for hours about her bladder, all the meds she is on, and the different herb docks she is seeing. God bless her, I hear it all day, every time some one walks into the room. After about 8 months I dread seeing her come to work. Also, after she talks for 2 hours about her bladder, se tells me all the problems of the week. Never does she talk positive. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! !!. As I am typing this she is talking about her bladder. There are no windows in here for me to jump out of.

Do you work with a drama queen(King)

Re: Drama Queens (Kings)

I worked with someone like that once....a young nurse....finally told her if I hated myself so much I'd put me out of my misery...she got the hint and FINALLY found some positive thnigs to talk about!

Member Extraordinaire

I've got about 3 of them with me. One would really do anything in the world for you but she makes me crazy, lazy at work, complains about never getting lunch (she's as wide as she is tall and eats snacks all morning long, everything hurts, she'll keep her 1 patient in recovery (C/S) for hours so she doesn't have to get back to the floor. Cuses when the call light goes off. Will be sitting 2 feet from a pencil on the desk and say will you hand me that? What time is it? when the clock is behind her she wont' turn and look. I dread working with her. Have another who has headaches and back pain, will walk along holding onto the walls because of the "pain" (has been on pain med at work and got sent home) every year mid November the pain is much worse and she goes on FMLA for 13 weeks then is back good as new without treatment after the holidays and snow is gone. The other is nice as can be but has 5 daughters and an adopted 1 yr old son and her adult daughters start calling her before she arrives at work and call all night long, they are always going to the ER for splinters, sand in a grandkids eye, bug bites. 4 of the girls have kids and they will drag those babies up to the unit at 2 am to say hi to mom. Then they have protective orders against all the different boyfriends and she talks about all of them when they aren't calling and calls them all by name and can't keep any straight. For her you just nod and say yea yea yea then walk away when you come back it's still going on.
    Ok done running on about that I'm better now

I've worked with a number in my day. I'm constantly running into them everyday as well. I once lived with one that could create more drama than a soap opera. I am a very caring and understanding person, and I am always here to listen to anyone, even people I don't konw. The one thing that drives me crazy though is people that ramble on about things that no one cares about. You can make subtle hints, that you're not interested. You can make subtle hints, like trying to walk out the door, but they'll just keep on talking. I mean really, are their lives so bad, that they have to bring it into everyone elses which in turn always creates even more drama.

Drama queens and kings, are their own breed. haha

I wonder if there was something that actually happened to them at some point in their life that was so bad that made them into that type of person.

Psych people, help me out. Is that possible? Or are they just starving for attention, or what?

Just my opinion. LOL.

Good day

I used to work with one of them a few years back. She was always sick. Always had a migrane or an allergy or a cast on and dragged herself to work, (not in nursing capacity though). We hated to ask her how she was. One of the things I really hate though is when you're eating lunch and certain people say..everytime they see you ...Oh I can't touch that ..I have an allergy and go on to tell you how many things they can't have. It was usually a simple sandwich or salad, not a cream bun or anything romotely exciting. I want to say "Who the **** cares just eat what you can and get over it!" . Another one used to say "me too" when anyone was sick. I'd had enough I told her I had genital warts, mainly to see if she'd say "me too" or to find out how fast it got around. She was shocked
    "How could you have those?" Sometime later I told her I'd made it up but thanked her for keeping her mouth shut. I let her in on the secret that no-one could suffer from anything unless she suffered worse and I'd said it in fun. Did it cure her...well she then started any one's illness on my uncle had it or someone she knew...she's getting better though.. Their lives must be such a drag. But then some people are really only happy when they're sick or have sympathy.