Thread: travelling in philly

travelling in philly

Anyone have any insight on travel nursing in Philly? I'm moving in Dec of this year. I don't have a travel company. have to live downtown or close to because of husband's school. any idea on pay?
    Thanks, Jo-Ann

Smile Travel Nurse in Philly

Hi Jo Ann,

I have been in Philly as a travel RN since Sept. 05. I only make 30/hr but I bring home a lot more money than normal,( approx 1100/week) b/c a large amt. of the money is paid out as "per diem" and it is taxed differently. The company I am with pays 100% for a 2 bedroom apt for me (b/c I travel with my hubby, daughter and 2 Chihuahua's.) The company also pays 100% of the utilities and they even pay for our cable. The only thing they don't pay for is my phone. I love this company, they are really good, and they don't try to take advantage of the nurses, like so many other travel companies do. The worst thing about them is they don't have a lot of assignments as most of the contracts they get are government contracts.

I don't think I am allowed to post their name on here. I did it one time on some forum and they sent me a warning and said I was trying to recruit for the company (which was totally untrue!) Well, write back if I can help you anymore!

Mytoon38