Thread: Lpn To Asn In Less Than A Year

Smile Lpn To Asn In Less Than A Year

I AM A LPN BUSY WORKING TWO JOBS AND HAVE A 4 YEAR OLD AND 11 MONTH OLD. I WANTED TO CONTINUE MY EDUCATION AND BECOME AN RN I STARTED WITH EXCELLSIOR COLLEGE (STUDY FROM HOME PROGRAM) DUE TO MY WORK AND FAMILY SCHEDULE. THIS DID NOT WORK FOR ME BECAUSE I WAS NOT MOTIVATE AND NOT SURE OF EXACTLY WHATMATERIAL I SHOULD BE STUDYING FOR. SO I SURCHED FOR ANOTHER PROGRAM AND CAME ACROSS THE COLLEGE NETWORK THEY GUARANTE THAT YOU WILL PASS EACH CLASS AND ALSO THE NCLEX. IF ANY ONE WANTS MORE INFORMATION JUST CALL MYLES MITTWOL AT 201-505-8960 HE IS THE ACADEMIC ADVISOR THAT HELPED ME JUST TELL HIM MAKEDA BURR REFERRED YOU. GOOD LUCK.

Re: Lpn To Asn In Less Than A Year

OR...

Go here and fill this out: lpn to bsn

I am a RN with an ADN. I would really like to get my BSN however I will have to take online classes because of my work schedule and having young children at home (twins age 5). I have looked at a few of the online RN to BSN programs but the number of prerequisites required and cost is disheartening to say the least. Does anyone know of a good program that does not have lots of prerequisites nor costs an arm and a leg to complete? Any help will be appreciated

I HIGHLY recommend Excelsior College. I was able to finish my degree in less than a year. You can literally work at YOUR OWN pace!!! I felt that tuition was very affordable. You do not want to get involved with any company selling workbooks and aids to help you through this school. All the resources you need are right in front of you. Clinicals are tough but you can get through them!

Smile Re: Lpn To Asn In Less Than A Year

Depending on the degree you are looking for SUNY Empire State College can be a great option for busy working adults. If you are like most adults today, you are juggling any number of roles – parent, spouse, employee, manager, entrepreneur, volunteer, caregiver, and more. Although you’d like to earn a degree for career advancement, to polish your skills, or perhaps just for the satisfaction of lifelong learning, you may wonder where you’ll find the time to add yet another role – student – to your already busy schedule.

Empire State College is the SUNY solution for working adults. It offers a more flexible way to earn a degree. With our individually designed degree programs and credit for prior learning, you create a degree program that combines what you already know with a plan for new learning that will take you farther. From online learning to individualized independent study, we offer more ways to study. With a faculty mentor who will guide you, we promise a more personalized experience…and greater satisfaction when you finish.

SUNY Empire State College offers college credit for work and life experience up to 96 credits! That’s quite a bit more than most colleges. Some examples of credit bearing experiences include military experience, standardized tests (such as CLEP exams), prior college credit, licenses and certifications (such as EMT and CPR), volunteering, other training, etc.

While Empire State College is pursuing starting a BSN degree, many students in the health fields elect to earn degrees in Community and Human Services- with concentrations in emergency management, health and human services, health services administration, health care delivery and management, health care, or health and human services. The key to Empire State College is that a student’s degree is in his or her own hands. With the guidance of a mentor, students will design their entire degree from start to finish and incorporate many personal and professional experiences into completing that degree.

If you have any questions visit the website at www.esc.edu or contact me at kate.reis@esc.edu. I am always happy to answer any questions.

About the question asked above regarding availability and affordability of accredited online RN to BSN Degree Programs ----

I strongly advise you to visit our online nursing schools page & request free information from several of the accredited schools listed there so you can compare their cost, requirements, time factor & ask about financial aid! There are quite a few online RN to BSN programs so you just have to gather info from them & compare

http://medi-smart.com/schools.htm

Also- for financial aid info & up to date nursing scholarships listings-- http://myonlinenursingdegree.com/student-resources.html

Quote Originally Posted by kimmiejs View Post
    I am a RN with an ADN. I would really like to get my BSN however I will have to take online classes because of my work schedule and having young children at home (twins age 5). I have looked at a few of the online RN to BSN programs but the number of prerequisites required and cost is disheartening to say the least. Does anyone know of a good program that does not have lots of prerequisites nor costs an arm and a leg to complete? Any help will be appreciated
    Hello, my name is Sherry. If your are a RN with a Diploma or with an Associate; I strongly suggest you to go further and complete your BSN/MSN. The school I highly suggest is "University Of Phoenix, Online." I love this school, I have tried other online schools and none of them was able to top this one. The classes are only 5 weeks long. You can take a break in between each class or take a class every five weeks which I strongly suggest if you want to get your degree completion over with. Many students take two classes at a time which is not difficult to do once you catch on. Everything is done online and there is no test or quiz. The only thing you must do is sign in everyday and reply to two of your classmates post to get credit for that day. Also, you can complete your work early and without penalty and with some online schools you are unable to do this. Its nice to have the choice to rush ahead just in case that class is easy. The only draw back is the price of the school. Its very expensive but worth it. The school is fully accredited and many online schools are not. But, think about the cash you could be making by taking this chance and going further with your education. The more money the faster you would be able to pay off your students loan, especially with a 2% interest rate today if you go with Sallie Mae. I hope this post was able to help you in making the right decision.

Hi Sherryharvard:

Thanks for posting!!

Please be advised that the post your replying to was written August 3, 2006.

FYI,
    Tom
    Tom, RN. . . Neuro ICU, ER, Level 1 Trauma, Chronic Dialysis, Bone Marrow Transplant