Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joint Survey

Member Extraordinaire

Joint Survey

Guess what we had today. A Mock Joint Survey. So we paid someone to come tell us what we did wrong. And guess who got picked to go sit and talk to the Surveier and DON, nurse manager and nursing ed people....you're right ME. I wasn't like it wasn't me with 15 patients a couple of students and a RN pulled from another unit for the first time. So I had to go sit for 1 1/2 hours (most sitting I got to do today) and answer questions like..."what makes you qualified to take care of a post op c-section" how do you know how to do this?? what are the policies on this?? where would you find this information?? What do you do in this situation??? I did fine there were a few things that weren't fine but I didn't do it Then I just had to go back out right at change of shift and catch up with dry IV's, meds, docs etc etc etc. At our hospital they give out play money when you do extra shifts, get good patient reviews, do extra things (like this)...I better get my play money LOL you can use it in the cafe, gift shop, pharmacy etc. I'm also working 8 hours tomorrow which was a day off.

Re: Joint Survey

We use play money in the same way. We call them Baptist Bucks. Get them for many of the same reasons. Next time Joint Survey comes around and they put you with the inspection team, black mail your supervisor for more funny money. Its great to get free stuff.

Anonymous

At the hospital I used to work in the CEO had his pic on the funny money . It was only good for the cafe...Isn't that fraud somehow????

WR,,, three commas for Becca

And he called it McJones bucks...OMG.

I don't know if it is fraud but it sure is arrogant

Anonymous

Sure was when he made more than GW and the RN's were making 20/hr....Second highest paid CEO in Maine after the one at the Maine Miracle Center.. Opps I mean Maine Medical Center.. How could I make such a typo..

P.S. Check your e-mail here.

Member Extraordinaire

our "funny Money" also has the CEO's pic on it and it's even named after him Begley Bucks. I haven't gotten mine yet. I'll probably be forgotten and not get any.
    Had very busy week at work including that and on Friday 18 patients (postpartum/post op GYN) with me and an LPN and the secretary was sick...did they send help??? now Labor was busy so they couldn't come out and help. I had to tell the boss a little about that situation on the phone yesterday too she was not pleased.

Anonymous

Cass I am sorry to hear about this.. Why does management think we can continue to work like this.. Don't they realize how dangerous it is.. I just read in the paper this past week that a woman sued a hospital in KS because they were inadequately staffed.. And she won.. To the tune of 2.3 million if I remember correctly...

Yah that 2.3 million also increased the cost of healthcare which means fewer nurses.

I owe, I owe, so back to work I go.

Anonymous

I know that and I am sure no one in upper management lost out.. I believe heads should have rolled on that one.. But I doubt it... To many f***ing chiefs and not enough indians.. And no one take offense it's just a saying..

Member Extraordinaire

well Friday when I was in charge we also had a patient who called patient rep and since I was in charge and the manager wasn't around I got to go with him. The lady had been a little demanding but then she also did have valid points. She was basically upset because some of the nurses weren't real nice (and some aren't) and would act like she was a bother (lots of times she was) but we still have to act like they are the only ones there (sorry person coding I can't take care of you right now because demanding patient needs her water refilled). But she said if they would have just told her her requests would be a little later instead of answering the call light and saying I'll be right there taking and hour then she called again and it was still 20 minutes...but then that's communication too where whoever answers the light doesn't get the information to who needs it. Her complaint wasn't about the day I was busting a.. but other days and nights in general. And when se left she did thank me for being one of the ones that had been so nice. My feet are swollen up nicely for all the running I did this week and hardly sitting even to pee. Now that I'm in bitch mode While it was so busy with the 18 patients with just me and the LPN who did get her lunch....she came back from lunch and answered the call light. It was someone requestion pain med. She said ingeneral well I still have 5 minutes of lunch left I'll get it then (well she's slow and would have been much later) so fine I took the medicine too. Then around 5 someone's spouse did go pick up Wendy's (I didn't get any said I'd just wait till I got off at 7) but she said "I'm going to sit here and eat this I still have 5 minutes of lunch left" AGH..... so when I was talking and bitching to the boss yesterday on the phone I just said and you know if some people would get off their butts and get in gear then we could all sit for a few minutes maybe..she said she know (she is a good boss who does bust butt too. when I got called on call Thurs night and we were still sinking she came in too for 5 hours) But part of the sinking was it was a couple of newer nurses who couldn't get the ducks in a row. (this was in labor and we had no rooms and pt in ER waiting) so I got in there and cleaned house if they weren't really in labor sent them home or to the floor, cleaned rooms etc. OK I"m done bitching now for the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast