Thread: Rejected by Travel Company: Bad Credit

Rejected by Travel Company: Bad Credit

Well I was all set to go and I get a letter from the travel co. I was working with ~ they said they couldn't use me........

.....evidently they checked my credit history. My divorce wiped me out financially. I should've declared bankrupty a year ago...I made a grand total of EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS last year - my ex wouldn't watch the kids while I worked at night - so I lost all my credit cards.

I'm too poor to file for bankruptcy.

I know it has to be my credit - I don't have a criminal background or anything like that.

Bummer!

Anonymous

Re: Rejected by Travel Company: Bad Credit

There are 199 other travel companies out there..Just be very careful when you sign paper work.. Return any apps with a credit check..DO NOT CROSS OUT ANYTHING ON A LEGAL DOCUMENT.. CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD. This is different. Ask them to stike out the credit review BEFORE you sign anything.. That should put an end to that little trick...BTW your car insurance can be affected by your credit rating so work on getting it better by paying on time every time...Opps now I sound like a mother...

WR,,, three commas for Becca

Listen to "MOTHER" from her many post she seems to know about travel companies. and yes credit can affect your insurance payments. If you do not truly know where you stand on your credit report, get a complete report that is from the three main credit reporting companies. Go to a NON-PROFIT credit counseling center for help. They should have free credit counseling and for a small fee based on income help keep the creditors off you back and keep your credit from getting worse. Sorry, don't meen to sound like your daddy.

Anonymous

Hey I resemble that statement.. Tomorrow is MY DAY and I'll take advantage all I want for one day..LOLLLL

Awwwwwwwwwwww....you guys!

You're so sweet! Hey, be my Momma or Daddy, I don't mind ~ LOL!
    I'm glad you took the time to reply.

Yes I think what I'll do is just TELL the next company up-front what happened, and if they don't want to market me I won't waste any more time.
    Thanks for the tips!

Anonymous

I wouldn't tell them anything. Your credit history is none of their business and if they say it is tell them you want an itemized list of all the billing they are doing to the hospital you are looking at and you want to see their credit rating also..

That outta stop them quickly.. Just have them delete the credit check item on any paper work..'

JMHO

agreed. Find a company that doesn't do a credit check.
    They don't need to know your credit to employ you...

I can't believe they rejected you b/c of your credit. You should contact the company I travel with, they do background checks but they would never deny you b/c of your credit. Try their web site www.nursecorps.us

I'm scared to death. I interviewed today with a hospital where I was planning to go.

I am scared to death they will put me in a crappy apartment and/or the job will be AWFUL!!!

I have a job here now but DAYUM the insurance for my family is nearly FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH!
    I have been talking to a different travel company, and if
    I take the travel job, I can insure them for $28.50 a week - that's all of us!

I JUST DON'T TRUST PEOPLE

HELLLPPP

I WOULD BE MAKING NEARLY TEN DOLLARS MORE AN HOUR
    PLUS FREE DIGS AND UTILITIES
    INSURANCE
    BUT I'M SCARED
    NEVER TRAVELLED BEFORE!

Be careful also about unpaid medical bills on your credit report. Checking your credit is also a sneaky way for an employer to find out if you or someone you're responsible for has had any catastrophic illnesses in the past.

None of their business if you ask me.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursinghumor.com