Ok I confess, I have pretended I had a patient in a CCU bed to keep from getting floor crap which will get transferred out a 0200 that night to make room for a critical patient.

But I have never tied up a critical care bed when a critical patient needed the bed. Was working in PACU the other day, had a very critical pt that needed to get to the unit. Well I could not get a bed. There was a dead person in the bed and he had to stay there till family viewed him. They were going to arrive in 2 hours. Called the supervisor to have the body transferred to a single room. He told me I was mean to do that to the family. I bluntly asked the supervisor, " Ok, are we giving nursing priority to dead people or people who need a critical care bed. Once again, he thought I was so mean
Hocky PUCK. The ICU did understand. They had a critical care pt. with their help got the patient transferred and they cleaned the nurses cleaned the room. KODOS the ICU staff. They know when to tie up the room and when to open it.