Thread: crocodile hunter died today

crocodile hunter died today

the crocodile hunter died today.
    i will miss him terribly.
    my heart goes out to his family.

Re: crocodile hunter died today

ya it is pretty sad. But why are people so shocked? It was bound to happen one day, I swear the guy had a death wish

Member Extraordinaire

a freak accident but better that way for him doing something he wanted instead of a car wreck or something.

i think he knew what he was doing on his job so he was safe doing it. it was a freak accident not him slipping up. anybody can have a freak accident anywhere. i never thought he was going to die doing what he did because he was skilled at his job of working with wild animals.

True enough.I guess I am a little paranoid, never take risks.There are alot of things I wouldn't do. Not into risk taking. I'm the annoying driver that stays within a safe speed limit, I won't drink very much or often.I hate smoking.
    Think most sports are to aggressive.HMM now that I think about it, I guess you would call me a Buddhist/Nerd. My son says "Mom, face it,Your a hippy"!!
    Yes, I do like tofu and no I don"t smoke dope!

Unhappy Re: crocodile hunter died today

My in-laws called us this AM from Australia to tell us about this. My heart does go out for his family. If I remember correctly he has 2 little girls one around 8 years of age and the other around 3 years of age. I am sure when the accident happened he knew he was about to die. I can't imagine the great sadness he experienced at that time knowing he would never be able to tell his wife and kids how much he loved them. It really is a tragic loss for everyone.

he has an 8 yr old daught Bindi and a 2 yr old son Bob. they say they have it on film of him pulling the stinger out of his chest then he looses conciousness. he prob didn't have enough time to think what was actually happening.

i've been told had he not pulled out the barb he may have survied. do you think that is possible? i think he might of reacted to extreme pain by pulling it out. he was probable trained not to pull out anything that stabs you. my friend knows somebody who had a nail accidently nailed into his heart - they didn't pull it out - in the end his life was saved - yes he became critical and they did have to operate on him a while - but he made it.

Member Extraordinaire

who knows what could have happened had that barb not been pulled out. If you've seen a picture of that barb it has barbs that point backwards that would tear tissue on the way out. My ex bosses husband was in a car wreck and talking to the EMTs even though he was crushed in the car but when the pressure was released to get him out then the bleeding started and he bled to death before he could get to the hospital and I've seen that happen more then once. He may have been trained but when that reaction occurs he just pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by cassioo
    a freak accident but better that way for him doing something he wanted instead of a car wreck or something.
    I agree. At least he died doing what he loved to do.