Thread: hi and hello - - > math and science ?s

hi and hello - - > math and science ?s

hi everyone!
    i'm new to the site, new to the potential world of nursing, and soon to be new again to the world of academia....alot of newness in not a lot of time!
    bullet point personal profile:
    [LIST]
    [*]event professional for 8 years
    [*]1 year undergrad credit
    [*]contemplating nursing school
    [*]math and science CHALLENGED
    [*]want to do well in challenging areas
    [*]would appreciate MATH & SCIENCE recommendations that were/are helpful to you active nursing students/nurses
    thank you all for sharing your own trials, tribulations and recommendations!
    this site makes the goal seem much more concrete than the illusionary dream!
    clovermonster in atlanta:rolleyes:

Re: hi and hello - - > math and science ?s

The best advice I can give you, as a student (awaiting a program, prereqs done with a 4.0, thank you very much ) who tutors a lot of you Math and Science Challenged folks, is don't jump off the deep end. If you know these course are going to be difficult for you, start with taking the intro to A&P, and beginner maths, usually you need the math to get to Chem and the Chem to get to Bio. I always tell people who don't tend not to do as well in the more challenging courses, go back and take intro to (fill in the blank). The response I get is always "but, it takes another semester then". This is true, it might take you longer, but, it might be even longer if you have to repeat courses more than once. I'm sorry I can't give you a better point of view perspective, but I am really gifted in the areas you are challenged. Which is why I tutor, my parents knew about my IQ and abilities when I was very young and told me "you've been given a gift, it is your responsibility to share that, not abuse it". Remember, slow and steady wins the race. Ah, I love the tortoise and the hare.