Thread: Anyone recommend Nurse Anesthesis?

Anyone recommend Nurse Anesthesis?

Please all comments appreciated. I hear its a pretty "skate" / "cushy" job. 90k per year, blah blah blah..
    Thanks Gang!

-Tired

Re: Anyone recommend Nurse Anesthesis?

my brother in law is a nurse anesthesis. he make over 100k possibly 150k. he has good hours - goes in early - comes home early. has lots of family time. he makes better money and has better hour than some kinds of physicians. it is a regional thing though. so some regions may not have them. but i'm sure in the future all regions will have them. he was a nurse practitioner for a while but got "tired" of seeing patients. but i think he bores easily so maybe he just had to move on. nurse practioners see headache, cold, flu, i can see where it got tirering.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Anyone recommend Nurse Anesthesis?

we have them and I like them. I wouldn't say cushy job exactly. They are paid well. Our take call. They come for all epidurals after hours and for all c-sections after hours. I've always thought it's just as important if not more important to have better anesthesia then surgeon. In the OR anesthesia is really who is in charge they are the ones they tell the surgeon ok they can start as well as who releases patients from recovery room. There is a good demand for them.

Cool Re: Anyone recommend Nurse Anesthesis?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredofthesystem
    Please all comments appreciated. I hear its a pretty "skate" / "cushy" job. 90k per year, blah blah blah..
    Thanks Gang!

-Tired
    I do not know how this can even come close to being called a "cushy job". Yes at times it can be a rather monotonous job but things can and will change in a heartbeat. When you have a person's life, their health at risk you have to hope for the best but be prepared for the worse. Yes CRNAs make good money but they are paid well for the job they do.