Thread: Difference in work settings?

Difference in work settings?

I am a nursing student trying to fill out a loan application and I need help with different types of settings? I believe I know what an inpatient rehab facility is, however I am unsure of the difference in an acute care hospital (espaecially vs. another hospital) and an ambulatory surgey center? Could someone please help me? Are there many other types of healthcare settings that I am missing?

Anonymous

Re: Difference in work settings?

What kind of loan app are you filling out???

An acute care hospital takes care of patients who are acutely ill and need care they or their families aren't able to provide for them.

An ambulatory surgery center is a surgery center where the patient can walk out after a procedure. As an example eye surgery, biospies, less invasive surgeries. Most times they will need someone to drive them home but they can "walk" out of the center.

WR,,, three commas for Becca

I don't know what other settings you are missing because I don't know what you are looking for.

I am filling out a nursing loan application. You know like the one that you complete for a company to pay for your schooling in exchange for you working there after graduation. Is this a bad idea? For up to $5,000 I will only owe them a year?

Anonymous

But why do you need to know the different nursing settings that's my question..

WR,,, three commas for Bec

I never committed to work for anyone.. If you decide not to you owe that money in a lumps sum.. IMHO better to go with a student loan,, It's tax deductible.

Anonymous

There is a question on the application that asks, "In what type of setting do you eventually want to work? (i.e. Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility, Acute Care Hospital, Ambularoty Surgery Center)

This is why I was asking about various settings. The reason I was thinking about using this program is because I won't have to worry with how school is getting paid for, I will be working like I would be anyway and relieving my loan without it actually coming out of my pay check. When you borrow from the government they charge interest and expect monthly payments until the debt is gone. With this program I would pay taxes on the money only. That seems to be better than paying all of the money back plus interest. Plus my debt will be forgiven in a year. How long did it take you to pay off your schooling?

I am always open to other ideas and opinions.

Rachel

Anonymous

The interest is minimal now. And if something happens and you can't fulfill your committment. i.e. you move you will owe it all in one lump sum.. The interest is deductible for the first five years.. I just don't like being beholding to the person I work for .. Indentured????? And you can pay off your student loans early if you want to.

WR,,, three commas for Becca

What if you don't like the job you get? What if they make you work alll nights or every weekend or all the holidays.. They have you over a barrel....