Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help If you can, I appriciated!!!!!

Please Help If you can, I appriciated!!!!!

This is my first year in college. I though I will join in Technology Program, but now, I changing my mind go to LPN program. I didn't know much more about science and health. How can I figure out? I know If I pay attention, so it's might be easy to me, but can someone help me to find out some basic or something to make my mind breath? I didn't know NONE of LPN program...So, I think I need help from everyone.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Please Help If you can, I appriciated!!!!!

talk to your placement counselors and see what you need to do for that school

Try taking an Anatomy and Phisiology class. If you like it and you get a good grade then I would say you would like LPN program and do well. If you dont like it and dont do good then you probably would not do well in LPN program

I didn't like science too well LOL and I am an RN, but I hung in there. Anatomy is essential, but there is so much that I don't remember, or don't use that I think a lot of it is wasted time.

You can do anything you put your mind to.

Member Extraordinaire

in my A&P class on each test there was a bone in a bag which was a model bone in a black garbage bag and you had to feel the bag and determine that bone then the next question was what does that bone connect to, what's it do about 5 questions realated to that bag and if you didn't know what it was there were 5 questions gone. LOL I try not to feel my patients in black bags..it's a little late if they are in a bag.

OMG cassioo LOL, that is funny. OK here is my take. There is more to nursing than A&P. Try coping with various body fluids and some stinky solids ( hope it is in solid form). This is what makes a lot of people turn away from nursing.

I do not mean to be gross but it would be ashamed to love science and A&P, then puke the first time you have to clean a patient that crapped on them selves. No you can't pawn it off on the aid. I do belive in delegation, but you should not crap on you aids, just because you patient crapped on you.

Member Extraordinaire

When I first started as a student nurse extern in an oncology unit one of the first patients I had to take care of was a lady with a colostomy on chemo.. I would try to hold my breath while changing it and she'd say what are you making that face for...I wasn't trying to make a face just trying to hold my breath...this same lady it would take 3-4 of us to get her in the geri chair and her feet would slip out from under her and she'd flail her arms around...then we hear from PT she's walking for them in the PT room she was something else.
    Here's another good one..confession time...I used to babysit from the time I was about 12 and from the time I was 16-19 I was incharge of the newborn nursery at the church but I almost threw up when I changed the first dirty diaper on my own daughter. Guess it was the being over tired or something because a newborn diaper is nothing compared to nursing stuff.
    I also was a bit put off the first time I was in OR in school and smelled cautery...not that I hadn't gotten my little brother to stick his finger in the cig lighter in the car when I was about 5 and he was 3 somebody got in trouble there

I DID vomit changing my sons diper. But there was a time, I was new to the ER. I had this poor little old lady come in with a small bowel obstruction. She repeatedly vomited stool, even after the NG tube was placed. I kept thinking I was going to through up. You know, like when you start to vomit but you do not.

This poor old lady looked at me and apologized to me. I started to tear up. I gave her a hug and told her, "No mam, I am so sorry for you." She was such a sweet old lady. I staid with her till I admitted her to the floor. I got over my problem fast.

My poor older brother had rectal/colon Ca. He has a illiostomy. when he is in the hospital he does all his own bag changes. Not because he is ashamed but because he respects the nurses.

I was an LPN for twenty years and have been an RN now for approx a year and a half,if you are going to become a nurse go for the RN, it is much more satisfying and you will be much happier,wish I had done it sooner!!!

AGREE. I have seen people go into LPN school with intention to go RN. Once out of school a small percentage went back for their RN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast