Thread: Letter of resignation

Question Letter of resignation

I will be moving back to Australia at the year. Since this will be way to long of a commute to and from work I will have to tender my letter of resignation to my current employer. This will not be an unexpected move since I have been trying for years to get back to Australia. How many weeks notice do y'all think I should give? Do you think 2 weeks will be sufficient? I know with Letters of Resignation keeping them simple, short, and to the point. Here is a sample of what I am thinking about giving my unit manager.

October 23, 2006

Dear Leandrea,

This is to inform you that I have been presented with an opportunity that will enable me to live and work as a RN in Perth Western Australia. Therefore, I am tendering my resignation from Coliseum Northside Hospital and wish to advise you that November 13, 2006 will tentatively be my last day of employment.

I would like to thank you for the experience of having worked for Coliseum Northside Hospital, a truly outstanding organization.

Sincerely,

Kimberley Edwards, RN

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Letter of resignation

Quote Originally Posted by kimmiejs
    I will be moving back to Australia at the year. Since this will be way to long of a commute to and from work I will have to tender my letter of resignation to my current employer. This will not be an unexpected move since I have been trying for years to get back to Australia. How many weeks notice do y'all think I should give? Do you think 2 weeks will be sufficient? I know with Letters of Resignation keeping them simple, short, and to the point. Here is a sample of what I am thinking about giving my unit manager.

October 23, 2006

Dear Leandrea,

This is to inform you that I have been presented with an opportunity that will enable me to live and work as a RN in Perth Western Australia. Therefore, I am tendering my resignation from Coliseum Northside Hospital and wish to advise you that November 13, 2006 will tentatively be my last day of employment.

I would like to thank you for the experience of having worked for Coliseum Northside Hospital, a truly outstanding organization.

Sincerely,

Kimberley Edwards, RN
    sounds good to me and 2 weeks is the standard. If it's no secret you could give a verbal intent to resign now which wouldn't hurt and would give your co-workers time to consider all of their options if your position would be posted on the unit before posted hospital wide or advertised for...they could talk to their spouse if your swing shift would work better then their night shift etc etc.