Thread: getting harder to travel

Member Extraordinaire

getting harder to travel

I've been wanting to start traveling in June. Well it's getting harder I got my evaluation today from where I've been for years and got a 4.5% raise (which will be a lump sum) then getting across the board raise next week of .50 hour and raise in on-call pay and charge pay of $1.25/hr plus the weekend option and shift (but I'm mostly on days haven't work a midnight since 7/4 ) I really only want to go to HI or FLA so my pay is really more then the rates I see quoted and most of those are night shifts. If I worked straight evenings or nights here I'd also get another $1/hr on top of what I have. I only work 3 days a week as is and the boss will schedule 8 days off at a time without having to take any vacation time. And one of the doc told me if I don't go he'll pay for my gas to go on vacation monthly. So really what would be the big advantage for traveling now if I'm not planning on Calif?

Re: getting harder to travel

Sounds like you'd get a pretty good deal. I know a lot of it is the money, but I do know a lot of nurses, especially older ones, who are starting a new life, and this is just a chance for them to live in a place for a few months at a time and find a place to relocate to eventually. You can't get that by just visiting.

But again, for most it's about money AND the experience, you just have to do what you feel is right, and determine what is more important to you.

Maybe some others will have better advice...hahaha

Good to see you on here so often.