Thread: I need help

I need help

I am going into my third week of LPN school, and A & P is going to be the death of me. We have to keep an 80 average or we are out, and I have failed the past 2 tests. I study at least 5 hours when I get in from school, so studying longer is not an option. I study for fundamentals also, we have a test everyday in each. It is not just me, out of the class at least 75% of us our failing A & P. Our teacher basically has told us she could care less if we sink or swim. I never had this in high school, and I just am not able to learn all the muscles, bones, etc. in one night. I am looking for a tutor, but I would also like some advice on other study materials, advice that may help. Also, I would like to know if it's the norm to give a test and make it fill in the blank without a word bank. Thanks for any help!

Re: I need help

I can understand where your coming from. I'm in my third week of RN school. When I took A&P l, our instructor had only been teaching high school kids and had never delt with teaching adults. His idea of lab was to read and work all the exercises at the end of the lab section. And every day when we came in, we had a lab quiz, which was pictures with lots of blanks and no word bank. The first one was the skeleton. Needless to say, lots bombed it, but we learned where he was coming from and started studying accordingly. We complained weekly about his lack of a word bank, and eventually he started putting one on there for us. But this was over the course of the whole semester. He even had the nerve to use a picture he found somewhere and wondered why we didnt get it. It was similiar to one in the lab book, but gave a totally different view. It was a learning experience for all of us. But you will need to study the way the instructor is gonna teach, and if that means no word bank I guess thats the way it will be. But just have all the pics and you fiill in the blanks and studdy as if there wont be one. You all ned tyo keep working on her, and maybe she will get the hint. Hope this has helped.

Keep The Faith

Jerry

Yeah well the best thing I have found to help me in these situations is see if I can get a hold of any test banks that can be used for that semester. Sometimes this plan of action seemed irrelevant and a waste of time but alot of them helped me tremendously and allowed me to save time and money which is very very important to anybody trying to go through nursing school. One of the best test banks I have come across was the one for my med surg class. I purchased this test bank online some time back and it worked amazing! The teacher used this for all her tests and I saved so much time to concentrate on my other classes and still ended up with an A in the class. Problem is sometimes these things arent cheap (I've seen em 400-500 range) but if you shop around right you can get them alot cheaper than that. I would search for test banks for every class you sign up for even before the class starts up to help you get through. I got rid of most of my test banks after I graduated but I still have the med surg test bank I can get rid of via email for a small price. If anybody needs it just email me at sara dot grace86 at yahoo dot com and ask me about it cause Im all for helping new students succeed!

How Sara said it is more esay if you have te Test banks I have some , I am a nursing student too and I want to help , they are not expensive for the enormous benefit that you can get, **PM for e-mail**