Thread: INFORMATION ABOUT LPN TO ASN/BSN

INFORMATION ABOUT LPN TO ASN/BSN

i HAVE BEEN GETTING ALOT OF EMAILS FROM PEOPLE ABOUT AN LPN to RN program.There are actually a few.I started off with university of PHoenix.It was nice until I realized that I really needed so clinical time so I wasnt totally clueless about being an RN so I tranferred to The College Network.You get your degree from Indiana State university and you attend clinicals in your town.Cost is 20,000 for 4 years and 12,000 of that you can aid for if you qualify.Univ of phoenix wanted 20,000 for 2 years.You do the math.Go to http://www.college-net.com/.
    LPN/LVN to BSN Program
    This new degree is the only completely distance-based RN training program in the country! LPN and LVN nurses can earn their BSN degree without ever stepping foot in a classroom. Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for the NCLEX examination. The degree includes a total of 124 semester hours. All general education courses can be completed through a combination of transfer credits from accredited schools and test-out credits. Students prepare for these test-out examinations through The College Network's study guide program. Many students who enroll in the program qualify for an educational grant from the Distance Learning Association of up to $2,000. Clinical hours can be completed locally with a preceptor.

I know you will love it i know I do.I just started a few weeks ago and I have already taken 3 classes.
    If you have any other questions please feel free to email me at sshannon81@yahoo.com

Re: INFORMATION ABOUT LPN TO ASN/BSN

I am currently obtaining my RN thru Excelsior in New York. It is an at home course. Check w/ your local State boards because Kansas won't allow you to preceptor unless it is w/ a nurse with her Masters and at a facility where neither you nor the MSN are employed.
    Have a great one

Re: INFORMATION ABOUT LPN TO ASN/BSN

I have some information about that LPN to BSN program anyone interested might find useful here:
    http://medi-smart.com/news6.htm