Thread: Pls...I Need encouragement...

Unhappy Pls...I Need encouragement...

Hi everyone...I started nursing program last year (Sept. 2005) but unfortunately I was having problems with my relationship w/ a guy that I was dating (my ex now!!) and my mom not being supportive of my career choice...therefore it added to the stress of nursing classes and it led me to failure...Only a month and a half in the program and I was terminated because I failed 2 exams...I was so devastated because I wanted to become a nurse ever since I was a little girl, but when I started nursing school last year it totally turned me off because I was doing so bad in the tests even though i was so good in clinicals especially innursing care plans...i stopped pursuing nursing after that and tried to pursue other career choices but then somehow i would still fall back in thinking about nursing school..so i've decided to apply in another nursing school...I was accepted and I will be starting next year (Aug. 2007)..but I'm REALLY SCARED!!!! I'm 4 months pregnant right now and engaged to the most wonderful guy...and I'm afraid that I would face the same stress again when i go back...plus I feel so disappointed at myself because I let stress take over me last year...my ex-classmates are graduating soon and that's kinda making me feel upset because I should've been in their shoes ....

Am I making the right decision in going back...??? How can I be successful in nursing school? Especially when I'm having a baby soon...

Wink Re: Pls...I Need encouragement...

"Am I making the right decision in going back...??? How can I be successful in nursing school? Especially when I'm having a baby soon..."

You need to follow your heart. If becoming a nurse is your life long goal you need to apply yourself in school. Having a baby has never stopped anyone from attending nursing school. You will need support and help from your family while attending class and studying.

Smile Re: Pls...I Need encouragement...

hey stop blaming everyone for what happen to you last year. if it is in your heart to do it don't let anyone stop you, focus on your goal and just do it. i too didn't pass respiratory in nursing school and had a 3 month set back. i blamed people too but the question is what are you going to do different next year? you can do anything you put your mind to do. you are a child of the living God. believe in yourself then others too will believe in you. please stay encouraged and when people are not encouraging you encourage yourself.

love ya
    mrswilburn

Ricu

Re: Pls...I Need encouragement...

Quote Originally Posted by caity0407
    Hi everyone...I started nursing program last year (Sept. 2005) but unfortunately I was having problems with my relationship w/ a guy that I was dating (my ex now!!) and my mom not being supportive of my career choice...therefore it added to the stress of nursing classes and it led me to failure...Only a month and a half in the program and I was terminated because I failed 2 exams...I was so devastated because I wanted to become a nurse ever since I was a little girl, but when I started nursing school last year it totally turned me off because I was doing so bad in the tests even though i was so good in clinicals especially innursing care plans...i stopped pursuing nursing after that and tried to pursue other career choices but then somehow i would still fall back in thinking about nursing school..so i've decided to apply in another nursing school...I was accepted and I will be starting next year (Aug. 2007)..but I'm REALLY SCARED!!!! I'm 4 months pregnant right now and engaged to the most wonderful guy...and I'm afraid that I would face the same stress again when i go back...plus I feel so disappointed at myself because I let stress take over me last year...my ex-classmates are graduating soon and that's kinda making me feel upset because I should've been in their shoes ....

Am I making the right decision in going back...??? How can I be successful in nursing school? Especially when I'm having a baby soon...

Hi Caity,

You sure sound determined. It seems too that nursing is high on your priority list. I applaud your effort to reapply and support your decision to return to nursing school. Here is where you need to make a decision.

Right now, you're half-way through a pregnancy. You mention boyfriend/fiancee but say nothing about his-or anybody elses ability to help. If everything goes according to plan, your baby will be five months old when you start school. What are your childcare plans? What is your current living situation? What is your financial situation? In the next few years, what among these arrangements are apt to change and how will this impact your school plans?

You have (un)knowingly changed your life course meaning that your priorities need to be reassessed. Nursing school will require your undivided attention. This means class, labs and clinicals. You will also need to spend time at home studying- undisturbed. Will that be possible given your current situation? It may well be, but only you know that. You should plan to attend nursing school only if you can guarantee your committment because another chance may not come your way. Seriously consider the possibility that nursing school may well be a good long range plan. Better to put it off than to set yourself up for failure. Be sure you're ready

My best wishes for your future,

R

Red face Re: Pls...I Need encouragement...

Hi everyone...thanks for replying to my posts! Woaw...it was kinda hard to read mrswilburn's reply...but she's right...I keep on blaming everyone...it was just really hard for me at that time because I was under so much stress...but she's right about the whole believing in myself...i've always doubted myself in everything...so I guess that made a huge impact on my studies...

Regarding my situation...well we are currently living with my parents...and i've mentioned my plan to them and they are willing to have us there till we finish school...and my fiance is very supportive in everything that I do so he'll be working full time while going to school while I'm in nursing and of course i'll be quitting my present job so that I will be able to concentrate with school and of course our baby... I just hope everything will work out...thanks for replying to my posts...

Re: Pls...I Need encouragement...

I am glad you recieved my email in love. I am proud of you. I was able to identify it because i too with through it. My husband has been very supportive too and it makes a great difference. I wish you the best God Bless You!!!
    Mrswilburn