Thread: Wanting to make career/life change, need advice

Wanting to make career/life change, need advice

I just entered my thirties and have been going from meaningless job to worthless job. I have always felt a calling to do something more with my life. I originally went to school to be a doctor, but couldn't cut it and ended up leaving college to take what I thought would be a good job. I am also wanting to work and travel abroad. I am thinking that nursing could accomplish both of these things.
    I am wanting some advice or experiences from people who have worked as nurses abroad as well as anywhere that I could do some research to see if this is a viable option for me. thanks for any help.

Re: Wanting to make career/life change, need advice

i think if you want to work abroad you might need a bsn. i could be wrong. if i were you i would get your asn or bsn at a private college as opposed to public college. they usually don't have waiting list and more of the class passes. in my public school lpn class 1/3 didn't pass. i went to private asn shcool. my friend went to public asn school and 1/3 or more didn't make it to graduation for one reason or another. it's worth the extra money to go to private school. nursing school isn't like studying business or art. it's very rigourous and you need lots of disciplin. i jokingly tell people if they want to go to nursing school first join the marines for 4 years - that will get you ready for nursing school.
    in order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't mearly try to train him to be semi-human. the point is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly dog. :o