Hi there,

Does anyone know about the reprecussions of getting a Misdemeanor-theft or Felony-theft? I mean, what does the BRN (california) usually give as a diciplinary action? Will they consider probation or just revoke your license?

I have heard from a lawyer that this type of criminal conviction (either of them) is a victimless act and falls under "moral turpitude."-- which is actually worse that it sounds because it questions the nurse's character. Versus, for example a DUI or a drug use-- where there are recovery programs that you can enter and complete.

I have tried searching endlessly for other nurses who have had this experience, but to no avail, I have found none that has replied back. I would just like to know what happened and how they are coping, and if applicable, how did they get their license back, how long did they have to wait and what steps they are taking to get their life back on track.

I did find a "shoplifters recovery program" in san francisco, it'll be a drive for me, but I'm hoping it will help. I have not gotten any charges yet, but I am anxious and I feel very stupid for ever mixed up it this problem.

Is there anyone out there who have had a similar experience that can help me and perhaps lend some conforting words of advice or encouragements. I really need them.

I hope that I do get a second chance. I am just turning 24, and fortunately I still have a bright outlook on life even though a lot of the things that I had planned for the future will have to be put on hold. It's a good thing that I have time on my side and a supportive, but shocked boyfriend.

I hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks for your time.

--Lady