Thread: North Carolina

North Carolina

Hello, I am seriously thinking of moving to North Carolina in the spring and was wondering if anyone is from their and could give me some information about the hospitals or nursing homes. I currently live in Michigan. I am thinking of moving to the Charlotte or Durham area. Looking forward to hearing from you guys!!!! Thanx, Angie

Anonymous

Re: North Carolina

There are two main hospitals in Charlotte. Carolinas Medical Center and Presbyterian Hospital. Each hospital has branches (for lack of a better word). For Carolinas Medical Center it has the University Hospital in the north part of the city and Mercy Hospital which is downtown. Presbyterian has its branch in Matthews which is south of the city and an Orthopedic hospital next to its main hospital. Carolinas Medical is the largest and is a teaching hospital for doctors and also has a school of nursing. It is what was known as the "community" hospital when I was growing up. Presbyterian was known as the "private" hospital. It has a school of nursing where I went to nursing school and have worked before. Either hospital has numerous nursing positions available. I don't know anything about Durham. Hope this helps. Both hospitals have websites. Check them out!! Terri, RN

Anonymous

Thanks so much for the info Terri. It really does help. Do you live in North Carolina now? I went and checked out those websites and did get a lot of information. Thanks again!!! Angie RN

Yes, I live in North Carolina. Born and raised here and live just west of Charlotte now. I work in Home Health but like I said went to school of nursing at Presbyterian Hospital and then worked there right out of school. Glad the info helped and hope your move is successful!