Thread: military hospitals

military hospitals

I am just curious if any agencies out there can place nurses in active duty military hospitals, (not va). I'm former military and wouldn't mind working in that environment again but I'm not sure if any agencies service these types of facilities

Re: military hospitals

Quote Originally Posted by tenexe View Post
    I am just curious if any agencies out there can place nurses in active duty military hospitals, (not va). I'm former military and wouldn't mind working in that environment again but I'm not sure if any agencies service these types of facilities
    I'm not sure what you mean by active duty military hospitals? Army Medical Centers provide medical care to active duty [and dependents], veterans, and retirees.

Both active duty & civilian [GS] nurses work at Army Medical Centers. Whether, or not travel agencies have contracts with Army Medical Centers I don't know. However, I will ask around tomorrow at Madigan Army Medical Center.

*My military nursing knowledge is limited to Army nursing. Therefore, unable to venture a guess regards to USAF & Navy Medical Centers.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Re: military hospitals

Spectrum healthcare Resources (SHR) is the leader among organizations that provide civilian physicians, nurses and support staff to Military Treatment Facilities throughout the United States. Working with SHR is a unique opportunity to work in a supportive and close-knit environment while serving the families of our military men and women.

If a complete list of opportunities go to www.shrusa.com or call 800-325-3982 and ask for the recruiter for your state!