:confused: I need to find out what my rights are even though I waited over a year. Reason for wait being I didn't understand how unjust the NCBON can be. I took a med precribed for someone else, given to me for a tooth abcess. I was not working at the time and had no insurance and can honestly say that I don't like going to the dentist. I took a DS for a job I had applied for and the drug of course showed up and I thought once I explained my circumstances it would all be cleared up. Not the case, I went for my appt. with the NCBON and was told the only way to keep my license was to see an addictionologist and enter the illicit drug program. Not knowing what else to do and being extremely upset I signed the papers and proceeded to do what I was told. When I first began to test I has 2 dilute spec. d/t caffeine (coffee), I explained this and continued in the program for approx. 8 months( the program lasts 1 year and you are required to work that full year, however, I couldn't seem to find anyone that would hire me after I explained my situation, go figure, it seems if you are working and have a pos. DS you have a better chance of remaining employeed) anyway, I had to test once a week for 2 weeks prior to our vacation and ran out of COC forms and reordered. I went on vacation thinking I surely wouldn't be chosen to test again for the 1 week we were in WI, well, I forgot to call the first monday I was there and when I called on the following tuesday I was chosen to test (please remember I have no forms, hadn't arrived in the mail before leaving) and susequently every day after I called and was chosen to test, I didn't go prepared for this and had no telephone #'s or info. for contacting anyone, plus whether right or wrong I was angry at being treated like a criminal over one pill, I returned from vacation and sent my license to the board promtly and with a letter stating my disappoinment at their system in believing guilty before proven.
I behaved irrationally.
I have since requested info. on obtaining my license again and for a hearing before the board the only thing I received was a long list of requirements and no response to my request for a hearing. I don't know if I even have a right after having signed papers and agreeing to go thru their program, but have since come to the decision that I deserve to be heard and if all this fails to prove my innocence then it wasn't meant to be. I'm not even sure where to begin or what type of lawyer to hire?????? I did scour the NCBON website and found nothing useful.
I am finally beginning to come out of the fog and depression that this entire mess started. My integrity has always been important to me and the situation took that away along with a job that I took pride in and enjoyed every day of my working life. :mad:
Please, any info would be helpful.