Thread: Interested in travel nursing... specificaly san diego area

Interested in travel nursing... specificaly san diego area

A little about myself, Ive been a R.N. Associates degree for 3 and a half years on a 23 bed med/surg basic telemetry floor in a community hospital serving 40000+ people. I have extensive experience with computer information systems, as before I went into nursing I was in school in a CIS related field. We also use a computerized system at our hospital, using mobile labtops in all aspects of information retrival and charting. (Franklin Medical Center, affiliated with Baystate Medical Center)

We deal with a lot of orthopedic, a lot of geriatric related care, gi complications, strokes, post MI's. Nothing cardiac surgical related though. My average night has about 7-8 patients. I am more specifically leaning toward night shift, either 8 or 12 hours. My only area of concern is that when I was 19 years old, I was convicted with a felony charge, Possession of class d, intent to distribute. (marijuana). Since then, my record has been spotless and I'm now 30 years old.

Recently Ive been working with Excell nursing as a side job working in LTC.

Its time for me to grow as a nurse, and I am wondering what is out there for me. As a side note, in about 2 weeks I will be taking ACLS class. I would be looking for an assignment sometime in mid February. My schedule at where I work goes until that point, and I do not want to burn any bridges.

Thank you for your time,

Michael Perkins

Re: Interested in travel nursing... specificaly san diego area

Mike,
    Just curious to see if you are still looking, I don't have San Diego right now, and that market is extremely competitive, with most jobs going to seasoned travelers. However if you have any interest in TX, I have a great facility to break you in to traveling. Let me know if you have any interest. Thanks, Matt
    Matthew L. Parrott
    Recruiter
    8 North Staffing
    www.8northstaffing.com
    MySpace
    parrottm@8northstaffing.com
    1.866.950.5566 ext.114