Thread: GETTING BSN OR MSN ONLINE vs Tradiational in class insturction - whats better?

GETTING BSN OR MSN ONLINE vs Tradiational in class insturction - whats better?

Whats better - online or tradiation class instruction for getting your MSN or BSN.. i really would like to know since I dont want to start a program online and finish it - not be prepared for the boards (MSN with Nurse practitioner for example)?

Re: GETTING BSN OR MSN ONLINE vs Tradiational in class insturction - whats better?

Prepared for the Boards? Well, I guess my personal experience with an RN-BSN online program I completed does not apply to your inquiry. I was already an RN [ADN] when starting the online program, therefore upon completing my BSN I was not required to take the NCLEX, again.

I will say the online programs has many pros with just a few cons, IMHO. Cons; For the most part, the only interaction with other students & professors is via online message boards & emails. So, getting assistance can be challenge. Pros; Very convenient regards to when & where you study, which in itself brings many advantages.

I hope someone will reply that can share with you if they were prepared for the NCLEX after an online BSN/MSN program.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN